G5 Mods

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by snipper, Feb 9, 2004.

1. snipper macrumors regular

Feb 9, 2004
    Somewhere this year, I'll buy myself a G5, I decided. And although it's a beauty of itself, I'd like to put some lights in it, to put an accent on the nicely designed inside of the machine.

I can't seem to find much detailed info about modding a G5 on the net though. :confused: Is there anybody who can give me some tips about this?

Much appreciated!
  2. revenuee macrumors 68020

Sep 13, 2003
    A place where i am supreme emporer
    Re: G5 Mods

don't do it :D LOL .. thats what most people will tell you ... thats why you can't find anything
  3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Dec 21, 2002
    Yahooville S.C.
    Also look at Febuary MacAddict magazine. the added some lights etc to the g5. pimped it out.
  4. snipper thread starter macrumors regular

Feb 9, 2004
    Old news

Sure, sure... That was a hot pic when the G5 was hot news. And I like the rest of the work of those guys, but puttin' a single piece of neon in a huge frame ain't exactly rocket science, eh?

I'm thinking more like.. glowing fans, coated inside of the G5 with blacklights on it, stuff like that.

For example: The fans of the G5 are not the typical 80 mm ones, so these are not just for sale everywhere...

[BTW sorry for the wrong button story]

I AM a subscriber of MacAddict, but I always miss out on half the issues and it takes forever to get them re-send to the Netherlands, so it can take some time before I can get my hands on the februari issue...