G5 Not Turn on with Mouse Click?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by illegalprelude, Jun 20, 2006.

1. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

alright you guys, ive looked all over and cannot find anything in the prefrences of OSX. I have 10.4.6.

My problem is the fact the PMG5 turns on with the mouse being clicked when its been put to sleep. Normally, this hasent been a problem for the last 3 years but I just got two new kittens and they like to go everywhere. At nights, I usually let my G5 sleep and they jump on the desk and walk over the mouse or so and in middle of my sleep, i hear it Rev Up and brightness comes from there. 1st time I thought maybe it was a portal or something but it was just 4:30 in the morning, pitch black except my LCD screen being bright as all hell. :D

So anyways to just have it turn on from touching the screen or the power button on the PMG5, instead of the mouse too?

2. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

Just be glad you don't have a trackball mouse. The slightest movement will cause them to turn my G4 on. I resorted to runing the mouse upside down before going to bed.

3. smwatson macrumors 6502a

smwatson

A possible solution may be to not let your kittens jump all over your G5 :p or, you could just unplug your mouse

4. portent macrumors 6502a

1. Get rid of your cats ;)

2. Get a wireless mouse, and when you're done for the day, put it in a drawer or on a high shelf.

5. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

:p bah! I was hoping I was just missing some kind of feature. Well thats kinda odd, seemed like such a simple idea in a prefrence to be able to to choose how to wake up your unit. I mean hell, you can tell it to wake up when you plug stuff via Ethernet Cord and such but cant controlt he mouse :confused:

hahah yea, about the cats, last thing they do is listen to me :eek: 2 Kittens @ 12 weeks just like to run wild :D