G5 now or later?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by JLaFrance, May 28, 2004.

  1. JLaFrance macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 24, 2004
    #1
    I need a new machine, cost really isnt an issue since i started saving the day G5's came out :D , I'm going to be doing heavy photoshop, movies and I love Halo ;) I already have a 23'' display. Should I buy a duel 2 GHz G5 now or wait till after the event in June? I can afford to wait till then but I dont know if i want one of the new ones (which will hopefully be out) because I dont want to be stuck with any problems not ironed out until the 2nd gen. Also, I'd like a big (150 GB+) external HD (FW800) any suggestions? Thanks for your help!
     
  2. Grimace macrumors 68040

    Grimace

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2003
    Location:
    with Hamburglar.
    #2
    Reading almost any other topic will guide you in this decision. If you can wait, you should. New G5s are "almost" a certainty around time frame of this event - now the question seems to be "how fast?". If you can wait, do so. :)
     
  3. neonart macrumors 65816

    neonart

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2002
    Location:
    Near a Mac since 1993.
    #3
    I've been back and forth with this same question since DECEMBER! I should've made my purchase then, and enjoyed it for almost six months now.

    But now we're way too close to the second coming and it's just too risky. I got a good deal on one just a few days ago, but held off due to WWDC.

    It's only one month away. Wait it out and you'll have more options. Even it you get a current gen G5, you'll save hundreds.
     
  4. Bhennies macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2004
    Location:
    NYC & Baltimore
    #4
    The new g5's will be second gen. There are a couple problems with the current g5's that need to be ironed out. It's not that much longer to wait.
     

Share This Page