G5 on main page scared me

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by simply258, Mar 17, 2004.

1. simply258 macrumors regular

So I go onto apple.com a minute ago and before the pics load, i see "G5 quotes". I thought, that's it, the updates are out. Turns out it's just some quote about the G5, but on the main page ??? Are Apple that desperate to sell them G5s ? Are they not moving so well ? Is this some preview ?

2. .a macrumors regular

i was "scared" and disappointed, too ... and i still am. ready to order revB ...
    .a

3. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

Oh, don't be silly. :rolleyes:

Apple isn't desperate, they're just gloating.

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

sales are going down but what do they expect? they are overpriced,standard videocards arent great,cheese grate styling in a gigantic case and a stale keyboard and mouse to go with it. The concept of low air flow is good but they need to think different on styling,keyboards, and the 1 button mouse and 4 year old design displays. come on Apple lets use a little of those billions you have in the bank from overcharging us and put a little of it to use. :rolleyes:

5. briankonar macrumors regular

i actually used to think G5's were real ugly, but after using them at school I lust for one. They are just so high quality looking (nice rounded edges keep it from looking like a PC). The one thing I dislike however is it's taller with less expandibility than previous Power Macs (WTF!?). I agree the rest of the design is extremely low quality and distracting from the G5 look. 1 button mice must go if they wish to gain adopters...i have to literally defend Mac's daily from the 1 button mouse debacle at school. then a girl brings in a MS Bluetooth mouse with her Powerbook and my debate is over, the dark side has won.

the fact that Panther supports programming the xtra mice buttons makes me think it's in the works (expose and maya both use my thumb and scroll wheel clicker, which makes me feel good).

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

start looking at video card options and you will know they won. For the life of me I cant figure out why we cant have a all in wonder for a mac. Steve Jobs is full of himself is all i can say on that. I still dont know why they cant make the big machine duals and make a machine thats about half as tall in aluminum black and white with single G5s and call it whatever suites them. BEAM ME UP SCOTTY THERE IS NO INTELLIGENT LIFE LEFT AT APPLE!