G5 prototype in 24 promo?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by wilburpan, Sep 22, 2003.

1. wilburpan macrumors regular

On the Emmys last night I saw an ad for the upcoming season of 24. My wife noticed in the background of a scene set in Jack Bauer's (Kiefer Sutherland) office was a desktop computer shaped just like the new G5, but all white and without the perforations. Also, Jack was using what looked to be an all white 17" Powerbook.

Anyone else notice this?

2. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

most likely use of a computer without Apple's consent, prompting the covering of the logo and probably the whole computer. You see this type of thing more often on TV infomercials or commercials that show products like Lay's potato chips, but the brand name is completely erased from the bag.

3. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

It's probably just the case for the G5, but still really cool. And '24' was never one to cover up an Apple logo. They proudly display the PowerBooks and PowerMacs that everyone on the show uses. There was even a news item on Apple's headline ticker about how the prop master for the show used a digital camera and an iBook to keep track of the thousands of items, and about the relationship between the show's producers and Apple.

A great partnership, in my opinion. Makes '24' a better a show. Not that it needs any help. :D

4. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

5. beefcake macrumors 6502

I can't believe they're making another season of 24. The first season was amazing, but by this point the characters are played out and the entire show is getting too over-the-top.

6. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

You can credit me with the picture capture... hehe.

:rolleyes:

7. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

i didn't like the second season as much as the first but I still have hope for the third. I disagree about the characters, I loved them and was glad to have another adventure with them ....i don't think they were outlived and terrorism is soo topical these days it makes the show all the more realistic

8. LimeLite macrumors 6502a

LimeLite

Ever notice that it's the *good guys* that use the macs? The bad guys all use PCs.

How true to life! ;)

P.S. Jack used to use a Cube! haha

9. Kid Red macrumors 65816

Looked like the regular G5 with holes and aluminum that I know and love.

10. wilburpan thread starter macrumors regular

11. Toeknee macrumors regular

Toeknee

yeah i saw the G5 in the background too and I was wondering how they could have gotten that since not many people had them when the show was filmed. Ah well i love the show and Kiefer is such a hauss.

12. Waluigi macrumors 6502

Yea, I hate that! Things like G3, G4, and G5 are all too small!! Drives me crazy sometimes....

--Waluigi

13. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

We all know the whole thing with Kim being chased by a mountain lion was ridiculous, but the show still has life left in it. I'm interested to see how Dennis Haysbert's character deals with last season's whole germ warfare assassination attempt thing.

Even if the show gets tired with Jack Bauer, et al, the whole premise to the show leaves it open for them to bring a whole new cast of characters, move to a different location or CTU office. I watch "24" not so much for the characters, but for the action and suspense.

If they wanted to do it, the producers could keep the show on for years to come.