G5 Refurb noise?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by alexf, Aug 21, 2004.

1. alexf macrumors 6502a

alexf

OK, I've asked this question in a couple of posts but didn't get an answer, so I thought I'd start a thread...

I am considering getting a refurb Rev. A G5 (either the 1.8 or 2.0 dual) and a concern of mine is that it may come with a power supply that was responsible for the "beeping, buzzing, and chiping" noise fiasco last fall.

I am wondering whether Apple would have fixed this in the refurb machines that they sell, as I'm sure some of them are from the time before they reengineered the power supply.

Any thoughts / opinions / advice?

2. windowsblowsass macrumors 6502a

it wont have a ps prob refurb have to be repaired to be called refurb if they arent they have to be called used not refurb plus u get the same warranty as new

3. alexf thread starter macrumors 6502a

alexf

Well, if the reason the computer was returned was the noise, then obviously it would be fixed for the refurb...

But if it was returned for another reason, I'm just wondering whether Apple systematically checks for excess noise also...