G5 shipped, what OS X?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by zagato27, Oct 1, 2003.

1. zagato27 macrumors 65816

zagato27

Just got word from Apple that my G5 1.6 w/ bluetooth was shipped today. YIPPEEEEE! Ordered it Sep 21st and Apple was saying it would ship prior to 10/06 so they met that target. Can't wait for it to come and see what OS, Panther?????? Doesn't matter, I'm back in the Mac world after a long absence. Talk about excited. I'll keep you posted on Panther or not. Maybe I'll get lucky??? Maybe I'll get a coupon???? We shall see.
    Cheers

2. Macette macrumors 6502

it doesn't ship with panther, it ships with 10.2.7 (G5). You do get a coupon, though there's no guarantee they'll let you use it for Panther...

Fingers crossed. I just got one too.

3. Fender2112 macrumors 6502a

Fender2112

What coupons? I received my G5 on Monday and don't rember seeing any coupons. What do the look like?

4. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

ships with 10.2.7.
    i don't have one though. i doubt it will be panther before it is even announced, so don't get your hopes up too high.

5. zagato27 thread starter macrumors 65816

zagato27

Update. My G5 shipped with 10.2.8 I believe. Sure that everyone is aware that Apple has a deal for all G5s to upgrade to Panther for $21. My check was in the mail immediately. If Jaguar is this neat Panther has got to absolutely rock! I can't wait. BTW, I got some funny looking coupons in the box. Anyone know what they are for???

6. cc bcc macrumors 6502

This is the mail I got from Apple:

Since my G5 was ORDERED before aug 16th they say I won't get the upgrade kit.. I tried to reason with them that my G5 arrived long after 16th aug but that didn't help. Last time Apple Store for me..