G5 suddenly can't detect Airport base station

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by 2A Batterie, Jun 20, 2006.

1. 2A Batterie macrumors 6502a

2A Batterie

I was working on my G5 when all of a sudden I lost my wireless connection. My emac, which is not wirelessly connected, still receives connection. I went to my Airport base station and disconnected/re-connected, as I have done successfully in the past, except it did not work this time. I turned off both the airport and my 2wire portal, waited a minute, and restarted. Still no signal. I verfied and repaired my G5's permissions, with no result either. In the network preferences pane of my G5, the AE icon is a yellow light, as oppossed to green or red. I tried running Airport setup assistant, but it couldn't detect a base station. I've tried wiggling around the t-connector antenna on the G5 with no success. It feels a little loose, but it has always been that way. A possibile cause of the problem is that I just recently downloaded and installed Yamipod and my wireless connection kicked when I was running it. I deleted it, re-booted, verified and repaired permissions, and still had nothing. I also posted a topic on Apple's discussions page yesterday, and have yet to receive a response. Can anyone here please help?

2. 2A Batterie thread starter macrumors 6502a

2A Batterie

3. 2A Batterie thread starter macrumors 6502a

2A Batterie

Does anyone have any suggestions at all? I still haven't had any help in the Apple discussions room.

4. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

5. 2A Batterie thread starter macrumors 6502a

2A Batterie

It didn't detect my base station at all. It just scanned and scanned and would not detect anything. I'm baffled because this problem happened all of a sudden; I didn't change any settings or move the base station or my computer, nor did I put any objects that could interefere with the signal near either. :confused:

6. 2A Batterie thread starter macrumors 6502a

2A Batterie

oops.. accidental repost. This is why I need wireless going to my G5... posting with this eMac makes everything FUBAR!