G5 to go mobile?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by punkmac, Jun 25, 2004.

1. punkmac thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 27, 2004
  2. mac_gal macrumors member

Jun 23, 2004
  3. applekid macrumors 68020

Jul 3, 2003

Don't know if should I believe it though. :confused:
  4. quagmire macrumors 603

Apr 19, 2004
    If the imac goes G5 next week, could G5 powerbooks be here sooner then we think? The imac would have to use the same thermally managed processor as the powerbook would. So wouldn't solve the cooling problems with it? Would it remove the chance for lcs in powerbooks? I think Jobs may have a perdiction right for once. To have G5 powerbooks before years end.
  5. yoda13 macrumors 65816

Sep 26, 2003
    Well, I am not in any hurry, but I can't wait :D I have the money and I am just waiting for their release, whenever that might be.
  6. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Dec 25, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    The way I read the first article, a notebook G5 would make a G5 iMac possible. And the first deliveries aren't supposed to be till the end of the year for the notebook G5. So it may appear true that we will not see a G5 iMac at WWDC, but later in the summer or early fall. Of course the people that are waiting on a PB G5 would be ticked to high heaven if the iMac got it first.
  7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
    With the problems still being ironed out of the 90nm process, the PowerBook G5s are being pushed further back.

These machines will need an all new single chip chipset, or at the very least a cut down SP UniNorth3.x Controller.
  8. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Aug 9, 2002
    I think the fact is that Apple desperately needs an updated iMac, and could really use a G5 PowerBook.. but Apple just isn't ready to release these products yet.