1. imacfreak macrumors member

Aug 19, 2004
    I'm just contemplating this, I haven't decided anything yet. But i wanted to get an idea of how much people would be willing to pay for a 1.6ghz G5. It has 1.25 gigs of RAM, other than that its all stock. I paid about $1800 for it in October 03, plus $200 on RAM, what's its value now? I also have an 18" NEC LCD screen I'd probably sell with it. I bought it for $480 in Sept 03.
    So whats it all worth? Are there people out there who even want a 1.6ghz G5 anymore?

The only reason im contemplating this is because of this new iMac thats suppose to be comin out. If its really cool, i might just have to get me one.
  2. beatle888 macrumors 68000

Feb 3, 2002
    i'd take that nec for 250.

and to answer your question, yes there are plenty of people that would love to by your g5. but you have to make a fair deal. ebay and consumer sites should give you an idea of how much its worth.
  3. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

May 2, 2003
    Home of Al-Qaida
    Put a IC (interest check) on your system in the Marketplace and Classifieds forum and ask for offers. If the price is right, sell it like it has the plague.
  4. superbovine macrumors 68030

Nov 7, 2003
    check ebay for closed auction of that item or similar items. the average will be fair market value.