G5 vs Dell xps 600

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by verawang022, Jan 27, 2006.

1. verawang022 macrumors newbie

One of my friends (don't ask how we're friends when he likes Dell) started a spiel about blah blah blah how much he wants a Dell xps 600.... and even though he was quite obviously just copying and pasting ("Pentium® 955 Extreme Edition w/ Dual Core Tech (3.46GHz, 4MB Cache)
    2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz- 4 DIMMs
    1TB Performance RAID 0 (2 x 500GB SATA II HDDs)") it DID sound pretty good. but..... i'm an apple loyalist.... and i was wondering what kind of an argument i could use to refute his being so enamored with Dell. Computers are kind of a hobby.... so I know what you're talking about, i just don't know all the facts off the top of my head. any help would be greatly appreciated, as a chance to provoke is NEVER to be passed up.

2. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

3. thegreatluke macrumors 6502a

thegreatluke

Be sure to tell him to have fun with all the bloatware that ships with it and to remember to run an everything scanner.

You should also drag him by the ears to an Apple Store, and shackle him down in front of a Quad PowerMac and make him be amazed by it.

:D

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

So he want's a plastic frankenstien monster gaming rig or an elegant, beautifully designed workstation?