G5 with Blue Lights

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by CaVoLo, Sep 2, 2003.

1. CaVoLo macrumors member

Alrite guys my G5 should be here soon. And to make the computer look a little cooler i already think it looks pretty cool but the case could use a little something extra to give it that awsome look that it deserves.

So i decided on some lights. My favorite color is blue (the lights i have chosen have over 1 million different colors that they change through)

so what do you guys think of this:

PowerMac G5 + MAD Lights

Now picture the G5 with that front grill design with bright blue lights shining out of the front. What's your opinion??

2. claytonbench macrumors member

after i get my G5 the first mod ill do is make the apple on the side light up. That will be so cool

3. MacMaelstrom macrumors member

A G5 neon desklamp eh? :p

Good luck. It might get kinda not coolish because there are some things obstructing the total front grille depending on where you put the lights. for example the grille above the superdrive wont' get light unless there's a light there because the superdrive will block the light

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i plan on putting on the side on the bottom so you can see it shine up through the window. fits perfectly.

iJon

5. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

sorry dude but the Apple on the side of the G5 is solid metal, just like the rest of the case. maybe you could get an acetylene* torch and blast it out though.

*edit: correct spelling courtesy of Frohickey

6. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

Blasting the Apple logo out with an acetylene torch is definitely going to void your warranty. :p

7. claytonbench macrumors member

YOU CAN MAKE ANY MODIFICATION TO THE SYSTEM YOU WANT AS LONG AS WHEN YOU DO HAVE A PROBLEM APPLE CAN NOT RELATE IT TO WHAT YOU HAVE DONE. I HAVE MADE MODIFICATIONS TO MY POWERBOOK AND HAD ACTUAL DEFECTS AND THE FIXED THE DEFECTS NO PROBLEMS

8. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

damn dude, easy on the caps. hurting my eyes.

iJon

9. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Way to duplicate the effect by quoting his post. ;)

10. Rezet macrumors 6502a

Rezet

Well, if any of you martyrs are gonan do it, post some pics here...
    But I'm staying clear of any mods... I just know I'll screw somethign in there...