Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
I have had my Rev A Dual 1.8 G5 forever now.

I switched the original super drive for the new Dual Layer one about 6 months ago.

I havent tried to put the machine to sleep for a very long time because of torrents and serving etc, so I cant recall if I ever got it to sleep with the new drive, and I am 80% sure I did.

Anyway, when I try to get it to sleep, either thru the apple menu or thru energy savers timer, everything goes well, the monitor goes black and the drive goes click click click click, like its stuck or something. If i remember it always did make a tiny click before going to sleep, but now its like stuttering and wont sleep (i.e. the fans dont stop etc)

I have to hit a key or whatnot to make it stop and everything goes back to normal. I still torrent alot so I dont mind it, but whats going on here?

murray451

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2005
Did you ever sort this?

Hello,

Just wondering if you ever sorted this out because mine is now doing exactly the same. I recently connected a 20" Cinema Screen, and put a UAD card in. Now when the system goes to sleep click click click from the DVD drive. When the system wakes up it stops!

regards

Simon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.