G5's being unveiled --- Get Thee to an Apple Store!!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by HasanDaddy, Aug 22, 2003.

1. HasanDaddy macrumors 6502a

Hey dudes

I just drove by the Pasadena Apple Store

They had a GIGANTIC G5 display in the window, and were working VERY LATE to put up new decorations.......... looks like the G5's are in baby!!!!

2. jhershauer macrumors member

re: G5s being unveiled

Yes, hopefully most of the stores will have their demos up and running today. Having the fancy displays up doesn't necessarily mean the computers are in, though. The Chandler, AZ Apple store has had their new G5 display up for several days now...with a conspicuously empty pedestal where an actual G5 will go. They said they would have some by Friday (today), though.

3. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

I just passed the Boston Apple store (Cambridge Side Galleria Mall) and there was a huge display, but there was a real small sign that said "coming soon" on it,

4. twentyeight7 macrumors member

5. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

I will try and go to the Bell. Sq. Apple store this weekend and see if they got the G5s. If they are will they be on display? Like for use?

6. BrandonRP0123 macrumors regular

I'll check Valley Fair in Santa Clara, CA - Palo Alto, and perhaps Burlingame this weekend and let ya'll know.

7. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

It's curious why Apple didn't make it the highest priority to at least ship a demo G5 PowerMac to each Apple Store as quickly as was humanly possible. There are a lot of people that might order one if they could actually see and test one out in person first.

Why issue a press release on Monday saying that they're now shipping when you can't even go into one of their retail stores to look at one even several days later? Plus the Apple Store employees don't know anything more about the availability of the G5s than we do on these forums. Just seems like they're putting the cart before the horse here somewhat...

8. simX macrumors 6502a

simX

The Palo Alto Apple Store has all those G5 decorations up, but in the store window there's just a "Coming Soon" sign thing. They still don't have a display unit! :(

9. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

I have a feeling that Apple is going to try and fulfill as many retailer orders as possible before stocking their own stores because of all of the flack they've been getting from other retailers. It would actually be a good PR move for Apple to do this just so they don't start looking dodgy to the press.

Regards,
    Gus

10. LimeLite macrumors 6502a

LimeLite

Ok, with how backed up they are with web orders, it'll be a while before any retailers acutaly have some in stock. We're just talking about a display model.

11. vwcruisn macrumors regular

The santa monica store on the 3rd street promenade has 2 working display models, and one in the window. OMG it is so fast.... I played with it for hours.