Gadzukes! R-Type on Wii Virtual Console (UK)

Discussion in 'Games' started by displaced, Dec 29, 2006.

1. displaced macrumors 65816

displaced

I just went into the Latest Additions on the VC and found the original R-Type Turbo GrafX game!

Plays identically to the original, and it's still great fun. Had a quick play-through the first few levels and it's every bit as enjoyable as it was 17 years ago. Any UK Wii owners who are of a *ahem* certain age might fancy a trip down memory lane.

It's even managed to tear me away from my Red Steel marathon :O

2. risc macrumors 68030

risc

As soon as I heard the US had R-TYPE I started logging in to the UK store looking for it. I'm in Australia and for some reason we don't get TG16 games. Oh well lucky for us there is that dodgy ... we can use the UK store ... if we know how ... scam.

Great game; one of the best shooters of all time! It's actually on my Wii at the moment in the other room.

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

One of my favourite series of all time, R-Type 1 to 3. Minus Super, minus 3D etc. Love them and it will certainly be my first VC download once I get my Wii :D frankly my dear, it's the best shmup ever.

5. displaced thread starter macrumors 65816

displaced

I just read that R-Type II has been released on the Japanese VC, so it's looking hopeful for the rest of the world (eventually!)

Perhaps Super R-Type could follow? (sadly I've not played anything but the first instalment).

Maybe we'll get Mario Kart 64 for a New Year's present?