Gah, another "what phone?" thread.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by livingfortoday, Nov 28, 2006.

1. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

I don't really know where to put this, so I'll put it here.

I am currently under contract with Sprint for my cell service, but the phone I got is just terrible. I get absolutely no reception at home (which Sprint blames on my phone, not the network), and the thing is too big to walk around with in my pocket comfortably.

So I'm looking for an inexpensive phone that meets the following criteria:

1) Works with Sprint/Nextel
    2) Gets GOOD reception
    3) Can sync with my Mac (Address Book, iCal)
    4) Camera - that you can take photos off of by connecting to a Mac. My current phone requires you to send the photos to yourself by MMS.
    5) I'd prefer a flip phone, or something that's small, anything but Gigantor the Phone as I am using now.

Anyone? I don't have a lot to spend, so don't recommend the newest whozits with tons of whatzits. As long as it can do the things above, I'll be happy.

2. livingfortoday thread starter macrumors 68030

Oh, and I don't know if this makes a difference, but I called Sprint to sign up originally, but they sent me a Nextel phone, and it says Nextel on it when I have it on. But I think they're one and the same now. And no, I don't use the ridiculous walkie-talkie thing.

3. imacintel macrumors 68000

I was going to reccomend nokia 6265i, but it isnt sprint. I would reccomend Samsung phones in general, very high quality.

4. raptor96 macrumors regular

Would love to help you with an off the top of my head suggestion but I don't know CDMA phones since I switched to T-Mobile like 3 years ago. I do know a way you can find a phone by feature though and it's the best site for phone research (owner opinions here are from people who actually know phones generally):

www.phonescoop.com

And you can use the Phone Finder which is awesome here:

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/finder.php

Hope that helps!

5. livingfortoday thread starter macrumors 68030

Okay, I may actually not be able to use a Sprint-capable phone, since I'm (for some reason, which I still don't understand) using a Nextel phone:

I don't know much about phones, but I'm assuming this limits me to only that certain subset of Motorola phones?