Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords for Mac

Discussion in 'Games' started by ScarletRed, Jun 18, 2006.

1. ScarletRed macrumors regular

Jun 16, 2006
    Right here
    I have been a PC user all my life. Recently, however, I made the decision to switch to a Mac. This decision was due, in part, to a need of a reliable and hassle-free system. And with the ability to boot in Windows XP mode (should I choose to do so for whatever reason), Mac's compatibility with PCs has become less of an issue. But there's a saying, "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." and I know Jack. :D Hence, I've been searching for a game that would be worthy to install on my recently purchased MacBook Pro.

One game that immediately caught my attention is Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords. Its sibling, the award winning Civilization IV for Mac is slated for release on June 30, 2006, eight months after its initial release for PCs. This makes me wonder if Galactic Civilizations II: Deard Lords will follow similar pattern. Is eight months typical for recoding PC games for Macs? I have been a PC user all my life so I am not familiar with Mac's game cycle.
  2. jasonditz macrumors newbie

Jun 16, 2006
    Galactic Civilizations games are not "siblings" of the Sid Meier's Civilization series. GalCiv is made by Stardock, and was originally an OS/2 game, the later versions have been moved over to the PC, but AFAIK, they've never considered Mac versions.