Galatasaray: 2 Juventus: 0 :D

Discussion in 'Community' started by toughboy, Dec 2, 2003.

1. toughboy macrumors 6502a

toughboy

Galatasaray, the biggest team in Turkey, one of the 10 biggest teams in the Europe, the winner of UEFA Cup and SuperCup 2000 has won against Juventus after a great match with a 2-0 score..

Both goals were scored by Hakan Sukur (both assisted by Hasan Sas)..

to all the fans all around the world; This is a night of glory.. ENJOY!

"BIZ ZOR GUNLERIN ADAMIYIZ!"

2. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

You do realize that Gala was playing against Juve's second string team. Not to mention that Juve has already qualified for the next round of the Champions League and has a big game on Saturday against Lazio. Half the first squad didn't even travel to the game, they stayed in Torino.

btw, who beat Gala the first time around?

3. toughboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

toughboy

:) you only tell what is supporting your ideas, not the truth!..

I'll add what is missing...

Juve made UEFA take the decision to play the match in a neutral stadium, in Germany instead of Turkey, to be able to win the match, where another Italian basketball team came to Turkey and played on the same day..

I really dont know who were brought and who weren't and I really dont care what match Juve has next weekend. If they really didnt bring their players, then they underestimated us, and lost!

Actually I was expecting "congrats" and fair-play replies when I posted the thread.. We guys gonna make more matches; win or loose.. But what important is if we are shaking hands or not at the end of the match..

anyways, pleased meeting you, dear Juve fan. I hope that we are going to go to the second round together.. :)

4. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

Actually Juve had nothing to do with the decision. It was entirely UEFA's. Juve were prepared to go to Instabul and stated that they were.

Also, Juve did not request the match be played in Germany. UEFA again decided it was to be played there because they know that there is a large Turkish community in Germany and they felt that it would benefit Gala because it was supposed to be a home game for them anyway. UEFA was hoping that there would be a large Turksih turnout.

They didn't underestimate Gala, they simply brought a second string team because they didn't care. Juve already beat Gala once and was already qualified for the next round. Why would they want to start their first string when they have a big match coming up that actually means something.

Congrats, Gala won.

To be honest, I'd rather see Galatasaray there and Real Sociedad. Good luck with the next match.