Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
I own Samsung TVs,a Samsung 840 Evo SSD and a Galaxy Tab S2 .Rock solid hardware.Never let me down.Every company faces a bump in the road at some point.NVIDIA issued a driver update for the GTX 260 which caused the fans on the graphic card to stop working .They also tried to pull a fast one with customers with the 970 with the 3.5GB fiasco and yet they are still the top dog today

Saying Samsung shouldn't exist is foolish.For the record the big screen revolution of smartphones was pioneered by Samsung otherwise we would still be stuck with 4 inch phones.Samsung pioneered the best display technology on the planet. Samsung smartphones are the best non Apple inspired design. Samsung also make the best appliances in my experience
If it wasn't for Sammy the world would be a worse place

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I own Samsung TVs,a Samsung 840 Evo SSD and a Galaxy Tab S2 .Rock solid hardware.Never let me down.Every company faces a bump in the road at some point.NVIDIA issued a driver update for the GTX 260 which caused the fans on the graphic card to stop working .They also tried to pull a fast one with customers with the 970 with the 3.5GB fiasco and yet they are still the top dog today

Saying Samsung shouldn't exist is foolish.For the record the big screen revolution of smartphones was pioneered by Samsung otherwise we would still be stuck with 4 inch phones.Samsung pioneered the best display technology on the planet. Samsung smartphones are the best non Apple inspired design. Samsung also make the best appliances in my experience
Glad you like your Samsung appliances. The issues with the washing machine exploding are well documented. You can look them up.(wondering why I'm even posting this in a note 7 threado_O)

KillaMac

Suspended
May 25, 2013
Both my Samsung refrigerator (freezer part) and my washing machine died within four years from time of purchase. Waiting for the Christmas sales to replace them because the fridge part still works OK. I'm going through the inconvenience of having to go to the laundromat.

So......nah. I should have looked at the reviews before I bought my French door fridge though. Plenty of bad reviews. I'll add mine and never get another Samsung product.

Wish Apple didn't use any of their components but I guess I'm stuck.

Same here. Our Washer machine died from Samsung, and TV. We also had a DVD player die. We still own the dryer, and a french door samsung fridge with the two drawers on the bottom. Hope that lasts. It's just over a year old. But we also probably won't buy another Samsung after how bad they have treated people. I had a Note 7 too.

Qbnkelt

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2015
Mid-Atlantic
Same here. Our Washer machine died from Samsung, and TV. We also had a DVD player die. We still own the dryer, and a french door samsung fridge with the two drawers on the bottom. Hope that lasts. It's just over a year old. But we also probably won't buy another Samsung after how bad they have treated people. I had a Note 7 too.

That's the one I got. The feeezer in the bottom. Stainless steel. BEAUTIFUL.

I wish you better luck.

I'm waiting for the Christmas sales and my performance award at work to replace them. And they WON'T be Samsung.

Reactions: KillaMac

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Glad you like your Samsung appliances. The issues with the washing machine exploding are well documented. You can look them up.(wondering why I'm even posting this in a note 7 threado_O)

I can find issues out of each and every company if I wanted to . But overall Samsung products haven't given me any headache apart from their treatment of customers in this botched up recall .Certainly not on the scale that my iPhone 6 did when I had it

Qbnkelt

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2015
Mid-Atlantic
I can find issues out of each and every company if I wanted to . But overall Samsung products haven't given me any headache .Certainly not on the scale that my iPhone 6 did when I had it

The difference of course is that I'm not going out to find issues with Samsung.

They occurred to me, first person. Not a Google search.

I posted then links because I knew the next statement would be "you're making that up."

I have my iPhone 6 from work right by me. Not one single issue. Go figure. Which is why I continue to buy them.

Reactions: KillaMac

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
The difference of course is that I'm not going out to find issues with Samsung.
i7guy commented in the third person when he was talking about washing machines.I replied in that context

I posted then links because I knew the next statement would be "you're making that up."
Ok so?I could also post links from people having an outstanding experience with Samsung's appliances me being one of them

I have my iPhone 6 from work right by me. Not one single issue. Go figure. Which is why I continue to buy them.

I buy iPhones because I have invested a massive amount in this ecosystem.Also because in my opinion when the iPhone is on the first version it ships with the software experience is outstanding like how I am currently experiencing on my 7 Plus and how my iPhone 6 used to perform in iOS 8

Over time there is stutter and lag introduced into the phone more so than Android updates ever did to my Nexus which results in the phone performing like any other Android phone . My iPhone 6 had scroll stutter in the Watch app,the Widgets ,the Mobile Data menu ,the App Switcher
Heck even the list of messages in iMessage started stuttering which was the last straw

I will continue to buy flagships of iOS and Android.Pixel doesn't interest me for now.Probably Samsung may with the S8 although I have not quite gotten over that text message

Qbnkelt

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2015
Mid-Atlantic
i7guy commented in the third person when he was talking about washing machines.I replied in that context

Ok so?I could also post links from people having an outstanding experience with Samsung's appliances me being one of them

I buy iPhones because I have invested a massive amount in this ecosystem.Also because in my opinion when the iPhone is on the first version it ships with the software experience is outstanding like how I am currently experiencing on my 7 Plus and how my iPhone 6 used to perform in iOS 8

Over time there is stutter and lag introduced into the phone more so than Android updates ever did to my Nexus which results in the phone performing like any other Android phone .

I will continue to buy flagships from both ios and Android.Pixel doesn't interest me for now.Probably Samsung may with the S8

So your experiences and mine are inverted. So I stop buying anything Samsung and steer away from the company.

I find no stutter or lag in my devices. I'm using a two year old work iPhone 6 that doesn't stutter, doesn't crash, doesn't freeze. I lasted eight months with a work SGS5 and dumped it. Never going back.

I will eventually get another Android. Someday. But it won't be Samsung.

And given my satisfaction with my Apple products, I will continue to buy them. Until such a day, if it ever comes, when I'm not satisfied with them.

Dumped BlackBerry two years ago. Dumped Samsung. Tech life is good now.

Reactions: Suckfest 9001

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I can find issues out of each and every company if I wanted to . But overall Samsung products haven't given me any headache apart from their treatment of customers in this botched up recall .Certainly not on the scale that my iPhone 6 did when I had it
Sure saying you can find issues in any product is a bit of a deflection. Exploding washers and phones go beyond what would consider to be an "issue". And kudos to you if your Samsung washing machine didn't have the support brace loosen. And since you didn't have a note 7 saying you haven't had any issues with Samsung products is disingenuous.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Sure saying you can find issues in any product is a bit of a deflection. Exploding washers and phones go beyond what would consider to be an "issue". And kudos to you if your Samsung washing machine didn't have the support brace loosen. And since you didn't have a note 7 saying you haven't had any issues with Samsung products is disingenuous.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/che...ashing-machine-explodes-family-says/452260256

Here an LG washing machine exploded just 2 weeks ago

http://6abc.com/home/consumer-alert-ovens-exploding-in-homes-across-country-/1060683/

GE ovens explode

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2011/03/25/geforce-gtx-590s-can-explode/1

NVIDIA GTX 590 cards explode due to driver issues

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/04/news/siemens-bosch-stove-recall-gas-cooker/

Gas stoves explode

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009

I had a $6k LG refrigerator die on me a couple months after the warranty expired. I've had 3 Nvidia cards crap out on me as well, probably more common in light of the heat, dust filled environment they live in. My LG washer and dryer suck, I always have issues with them. Point is every company has these stories, it's just technology.

I also find it hard to actually "hate" a company, that's a bit scary. I may choose to not like a companies practices or its products and give someone else my money, but to actually "hate" them is a bit out there IMO.

Reactions: Radon87000

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
See now, these are obvious deflections coupled with blame shifting. No other company is being discussed other than Samsung and even then their mobile offerings. It happens quality in other divisions is also suffering, but to drag LG, Apple, GE and nvidia is shameless blame shifting.

Qbnkelt

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2015
Mid-Atlantic
I had a $6k LG refrigerator die on me a couple months after the warranty expired. I've had 3 Nvidia cards crap out on me as well, probably more common in light of the heat, dust filled environment they live in. My LG washer and dryer suck, I always have issues with them. Point is every company has these stories, it's just technology.

I also find it hard to actually "hate" a company, that's a bit scary. I may choose to not like a companies practices or its products and give someone else my money, but to actually "hate" them is a bit out there IMO.

Why is it scary to hate a company?

I'd find it scary to hate a religion or a country or an ethnic group. But a company that has failed me? Nope. I've spent money on them and they've turned out to be bin worthy products. Should I praise them? I'd be crazy. Should I be neutral? Nope, I've spent money and they've failed them. So a natural reaction for me is to hate them.

While all companies have issues, the fact that I have a 100% failure rate from this company is enough reason for me to hate them. Never again.

Reactions: nj1266

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
I completely disagree. Samsung recalled a device within a month of release. Customers did not have time to prepare, and were left with no options if traveling abroad. It seems to me Samsung would offer customers that are abroad some options for returning their phones instead of leaving them high and dry.

I have no idea what you expect airlines to do. Should they allow customers to bring the phones onboard and risk everyone's safety? Honestly what should the airlines be doing?

You are correct it is a customer service thing for them to help everyone out. Guess what, they kind of need all the help they can get right now. Having stories like this pop up around the world does them no good. Not helping people only worsens their name. You may not think they are obligated, but they damn sure should be doing something to try and save face.

My point was based on the fact Samsung have not banned the phone from flying, the airlines themselves did it first and then the FAA stepped in a while after, so those who were caught perhaps should be seeking compensation or resolution from elsewhere. These stories don't mean anything, they will all be forgotten about in a couple of months.

The ship analogy is pure hyperbole so I won't address it.

The rest of your question is that if I find a company to be unreliable then I would prefer to steer clear sea from it.

So no. Nothing daft about preferring not to go near a company whose phones have failed me, whose washing machine has failed me, and whose fridge has failed me.

Three types of products. Three failures.

So yah even though Apple has never left me down, I wish they would not use anything Samsung.

The hypocritical stupidity of your comment is funny, Apple have NEVER LET YOU DOWN despite Samsung being part of the reason they 'have never let you down' but you hate Samsung and really wish their products are NOT used by Samsung??
So Samsung components have never let you down, but you hate the companies reliability?

Reactions: MRU and Radon87000

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
My point was based on the fact Samsung have not banned the phone from flying, the airlines themselves did it first and then the FAA stepped in a while after, so those who were caught perhaps should be seeking compensation or resolution from elsewhere. These stories don't mean anything, they will all be forgotten about in a couple of months.

The hypocritical stupidity of your comment is funny, Apple have NEVER LET YOU DOWN despite Samsung being part of the reason they 'have never let you down' but you hate Samsung and really wish their products are NOT used by Samsung??
So Samsung components have never let you down, but you hate the companies reliability?

To add to your point , Samsung is also the prime supplier of OLED displays for iPhone 8

Qbnkelt

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2015
Mid-Atlantic

OK. Note that I've stayed away from words such as stupidity. So I won't go down that road.

Your reasoning would have us believe that it is a button's manufacturer that makes a coat warm rather than the manufacturing of the whole. No matter how good the button, if the button hole is too large then the coat opens and it stops keeping you warm. Therefore, it's how a company uses components that is at issue. None better exemplified than on the Note 7 fiasco.

I don't buy products for their components. I buy products for the whole. I don't buy a phone because if a chip. I don't plunk down cash because of Gorilla glass. I buy a phone because the sum of its parts suits me and has proved to be reliable.

And yes because I don't trust Samsung I would prefer that Apple not use them. But thankfully Apple has never failed to give me what I want without a moment's issue regardless of using Samsung parts. Why would I trust Samsung? Why would I say "oh goody look this has a Samsung chip" when in the same paragraph I can say each and every Samsung phone I've had has turned to rubbish after the first major OS release? Rather, I prefer to stay as far away as possible from Samsung and therefore wish Apple used none of their parts.

Really.....is that so difficult to comprehend? I'd be happy if my iPhone had no Samsung parts.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
And I could not care less about OLED.
Apple does and so do a ton of consumers like me
[doublepost=1477069457][/doublepost]
See now, these are obvious deflections coupled with blame shifting. No other company is being discussed other than Samsung and even then their mobile offerings. It happens quality in other divisions is also suffering, but to drag LG, Apple, GE and nvidia is shameless blame shifting.

When I entered the thread discussions on washers were going on .So I am sticking to the discussion point.As far as those other quality issues go ,every company has them including Apple.There was a severe lack of QC on iPhone 6 LCD when I bought it 2 years ago.There was a piss yellow tint at the top and I went through 4 exchanges and even then it was still not perfect.

Squp05j.jpg

I am happy to report the 7 Plus has an even screen right on the first go.I already showed you the other "Explosions" in other company products so Washers exploding is nothing but an anomaly which will get fixed

Last edited:

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
OK. Note that I've stayed away from words such as stupidity. So I won't go down that road.

Your reasoning would have us believe that it is a button's manufacturer that makes a coat warm rather than the manufacturing of the whole. No matter how good the button, if the button hole is too large then the coat opens and it stops keeping you warm. Therefore, it's how a company uses components that is at issue. None better exemplified than on the Note 7 fiasco.

I don't buy products for their components. I buy products for the whole. I don't buy a phone because if a chip. I don't plunk down cash because of Gorilla glass. I buy a phone because the sum of its parts suits me and has proved to be reliable.

And yes because I don't trust Samsung I would prefer that Apple not use them. But thankfully Apple has never failed to give me what I want without a moment's issue regardless of using Samsung parts. Why would I trust Samsung? Why would I say "oh goody look this has a Samsung chip" when in the same paragraph I can say each and every Samsung phone I've had has turned to rubbish after the first major OS release? Rather, I prefer to stay as far away as possible from Samsung and therefore wish Apple used none of their parts.

Really.....is that so difficult to comprehend? I'd be happy if my iPhone had no Samsung parts.

I think your so wrapped up in not trusting Samsung you've totally failed to notice how daft you sound.
It's very difficult to fully understand and comprehend your hypocrisy, you hate Samsung and find them really unreliable but Apple using Samsung components, the sum of ALL its parts, has never let you down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Radon87000

Qbnkelt

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2015
Mid-Atlantic
I think your so wrapped up in not trusting Samsung you've totally failed to notice how daft you sound.
It's very difficult to fully understand and comprehend your hypocrisy, you hate Samsung and find them really unreliable but Apple using Samsung components, the sum of ALL its parts, has never let you down.

I could trade insults with you. But I won't.

Why would I stop using a device and platform that work for me because of a chip and a display? My iPhone is more than a list of components. It is a whole package that includes hardware and a platform. If Apple stopped using Samsung parts it would still create the same platform and device that I prefer albeit with a different part.

For those who look at a list of hardwares and benchmarks this is critical. For me, it is irrelevant. Because it's how Apple IMPLEMENTS their solution that I care about. Surely the Galaxy and the Note were all brimming with Samsung parts and they were 100% failures to me.

My experience with my device, inclusive of hardware, OS implementation, and platform is what I care about.

And I again WHY would I trust a company that has given me a dead freezer, a dead washer, and multiple useless after the first release devices? THAT IS daft. THAT would be stupidity. THAT would be hypocritical.

I'm reading here of people's refusal to return a virtual ticking time bomb, oooooooooo because it's a Note 7, and I'm being called daft and hypocritical. That's rich.

Look, choose Samsung until the cows come home. Let Samsung make tons of money. ButI won't give them one more little penny. They won't make their millions over my pittance of a contribution.

I'll go Apple.

And I'll continue to hope for a Samsung free phone.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Apple does and so do a ton of consumers like me
[doublepost=1477069457][/doublepost]

When I entered the thread discussions on washers were going on .So I am sticking to the discussion point.As far as those other quality issues go ,every company has them including Apple.There was a severe lack of QC on iPhone 6 LCD when I bought it 2 years ago.There was a piss yellow tint at the top and I went through 4 exchanges and even then it was still not perfect.

Squp05j.jpg

I am happy to report the 7 Plus has an even screen right on the first go.I already showed you the other "Explosions" in other company products so Washers exploding is nothing but an anomaly which will get fixed
Sure please feel free to continue deflecting and blame shifting.

Reactions: co.ag.2005

Suckfest 9001

Suspended
May 31, 2015
Canada
Saying Samsung shouldn't exist is foolish.For the record the big screen revolution of smartphones was pioneered by Samsung otherwise we would still be stuck with 4 inch phones.
That's just hilariously inaccurate. You can't "invent" a size.

Samsung pioneered the best display technology on the planet.
AMOLEDs have very serious longevity issues. They look better at first, but subpixel fading, burn-in, and a general inequality between the three subpixels makes it a very flawed design.

But even if it were perfect, Samsung did not invent AMOLEDs anyway.

Samsung smartphones are the best non Apple inspired design. Samsung also make the best appliances in my experience
Non-Apple inspired eh? Ok then...

Attachments

• IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    256.3 KB · Views: 117
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.