Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Yes, that's the way my Galaxy S6 was on verizon. But disabling the bloat got it out of the way. The only reminder I ever had that I was using the Verizon variant was the obnoxious logo on the back of the phone. Otherwise, the phone looked like stock TouchWiz. But it is frustrating for sure!
That is good to know, I am on Verizon and this will be my first "non" apple phone since my old Palm Piolt.

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
Sent an email to Clove if they knew anything about the Note 7 release (and when they will have it available) --- nothing important, but if anyone is curious. Still waiting for a reply from Expansys

We haven't been told to expect any stock next week, although of course we are aware Samsung are having their event and the Note 7 is due to be unveiled.

We have a close relationship with Samsung UK, so as soon as the phone is available here, we should have access to it. If stock is made available directly after launch, it might only be for specific regions / carriers.

Often the SIM free stock in the UK takes slightly longer to arrive. That said it will be fully unlocked and supported globally, so yes you would be able to use our phones in the US.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Sent an email to Clove if they knew anything about the Note 7 release (and when they will have it available) --- nothing important, but if anyone is curious. Still waiting for a reply from Expansys

Very tempting. Did this version in the Note 5 come with unlocked bootloaders? I'm tempted to try the international model, from what I understand I'd mainly be missing VOLTE and wifi calling support which I think I can live without. I'm also assuming they are GSM only, I know no CDMA but I was hoping Samsung would copy Apple and release a phone with all the carrier bands.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Very tempting. Did this version in the Note 5 come with unlocked bootloaders? I'm tempted to try the international model, from what I understand I'd mainly be missing VOLTE and wifi calling support which I think I can live without. I'm also assuming they are GSM only, I know no CDMA but I was hoping Samsung would copy Apple and release a phone with all the carrier bands.

Yeah no CDMA, and bootloader should be unlocked.
[doublepost=1469643573][/doublepost]Oh and remember it will likely be significantly more expensive than your USA model, however because of BREXIT and £ currency rate falling you are in a better position than you were a year ago.

Reactions: spinedoc77

jamezr

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
US
Supposed leaked photo of flat display Note 7..... Take it with a grain of salt...
There is a glimmer of hope for a flat screen N7....

cotiyjcwaaazxf9.jpg

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/leaked-photo-finally-shows-galaxy-note-7-ve-143732654.html?nhp=1

Reactions: Fernandez21 and MRU

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Reactions: jamezr

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Samsung has always been about choice so it's possible
sadly it isn't.

Ringke, Spigen and others are all now showing their Note 7 cases for order and all are designed with the edge screen. Not one case manufacturer is showing flat screen case support.

No the flat ship has sailed and it's time to just accept its curvaceous replacement is the only model that will make retail.

note7_crystal_shell_title_clear_01_1024x1024.jpg

note7_wallets_title_black_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
sadly it isn't.

Ringke, Spigen and others are all know showing the Note 7 cases and all are designed with the edge screen. Not one case manufacturer is showing flat screen mode support.

No the flat ship has sailed and time to just accept its curvaceous replacement is the only model that will make retail.
It's going to be interesting the reaction to this and how pleased or not others are if there is no flat which looks very likely

Maybe they bring it back next year

Just odd to me a company who's been about choice are telling people this is the model you want

Reactions: MRU and jamezr

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
sadly it isn't.

Ringke, Spigen and others are all now showing their Note 7 cases for order and all are designed with the edge screen. Not one case manufacturer is showing flat screen case support.

No the flat ship has sailed and it's time to just accept its curvaceous replacement is the only model that will make retail.

note7_crystal_shell_title_clear_01_1024x1024.jpg

note7_wallets_title_black_1024x1024.jpg
Pfft I'm gonna go ahead and stay in complete denial and keep hoping until the bitter end. Because they can't take that away from me aahahahhandndffnjfjfjrnJdjr$;3$$.jffffff!!!1! :mad::mad::mad::eek::oops::(

Oh baby, it could have been so sweet :(

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Well ATT finally released wifi calling for the S7/S7E, which hopefully means the Note 7 will have it. That's a huge incentive for me as my reception at home is crappy.

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
Free after rebate Spigen cases for the Note 7.
https://slickdeals.net/coupons/amazon/

This rebate allows for you to upload the documents (it just requires the signed rebate form and the invoices). Easy.

If you have any questions about rebates, hit me up. I've done tons of rebates in the past so I'm somewhat familiar :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 5105973

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
Still no pre-order announcement so I'm guessing we won't get it at launch. T-Mobile (per the rumors) is supposed to start their preorders tomorrow, so we'll see about that. Got a reply back from Expansys-USA - same as the other seller; they have no announcement yet and they aren't sure when the international one will be available on their site.

One question - I'm guessing that I would have to buy from the UK site (and not the US site) to get the international version ASAP right?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Still no pre-order announcement so I'm guessing we won't get it at launch. T-Mobile (per the rumors) is supposed to start their preorders tomorrow, so we'll see about that. Got a reply back from Expansys-USA - same as the other seller; they have no announcement yet and they aren't sure when the international one will be available on their site.

One question - I'm guessing that I would have to buy from the UK site (and not the US site) to get the international version ASAP right?

Not necessarily. Just check the specs wheat hey have them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.