Game Console War Sales figures

Discussion in 'Games' started by gkarris, Dec 30, 2006.

1. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Does anyone remember the website where all it has are the PS3/XBox360/Wii sales figures?

Thanks!

2. allenmertes macrumors member

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

If they are accurate then ruddy hell. Obviously 9 million sold is more than 2 million, but to say the 360 was launched a year ago before the Wii! :eek: then again I never knew the 360, PSP, DS Lite or anything else to be in this limited stock in the UK!

4. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

HAH that's even better. 360 at a pinch under 8 million, Wii an even smaller pinch under 4 million. And this is with the system being out 1/12 the time of the 360. wow. Just wow. I knew Nintendo had the right idea this gen. be interesting to see what happens in another month or 2.

6. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

The Wii figure is closer, but the 360 and PS3 ones are off

7. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

We went out today and our son wants a Wii, nowhere to be found all sold out everywhere.

8. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

i believe nexgenwars.com is only a user's poll, not entirely sure about this.

9. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

10. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

The thing I find most interesting about this is that the Wii is nearing 1 million sales at almost all areas (US, Japan, Other). The Xbox isn't even close in Japan after a year and the PS3 obviously has zero sales in the other category and hasn't sold a million in Japan or the US. The Wii has more of a world wide market right now than the other 2 "next-gen" consoles.
    ...wish I could find one :)

11. deggs37 macrumors member

I'm pretty sure official word is that the 360 is very close to 10 mil, so I am like 99.9% sure that second site is wrong.

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah those figures seem off for the 360, its definently hovering around the 10 million mark (under/over), i've read this on a few industry sheets.

Also people have to remember it's easy to sell the first couple of million, its the remainder that takes a lot of push to sell a console after the holidays and during the summer.

Give it 12 months at least to see what the figures are really like, there is no way that ps3 or wii results should be taken as indicative of how its going to sell every month.

13. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

I've heard it's hard to get accurate figures because MS only publish how many they've shipped to retailers instead of actually sold? :confused:

14. takao macrumors 68040

takao

the numbers for the 360 are different depending on the site you visit they jump around the most.. while the vg chart numbers are very likely too small , the nex gen wars with their interpolation is very likely even more wrong

sadly the only market where the numbers are most likely are correct is the japanese one in the others it often gets confused/mixed up with analyst estimates, shipped/sold etc.

especially with the long out consoles the difference between sold-shipped gets bigger and bigger just like it's easily seeable with the 360 at the moment where around here in my 45k hometown the biggest electronic retailer has a complete long shelf (20 meters) filled up with premium packs to the additional shelf and in the last 2 weeks it didn't look like a lot changed while the ps2 pile nearly got halfed

15. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Yup, that's true. There was the same problem with the first XBox; Microsoft shipped 26 million, Nintendo sold 22 million. While Microsoft is usually considered the second-place winner of the last console wars, it's actually very difficult to determine who won (especially since after the 360 came out the GameCube was actually outselling the original XBox for a year).

So far, Microsoft has shipped ten million 360's.

How many have they sold? Don't know. I see pyramids of XBox 360's when I go into Best Buy.

10 mil shipped.

16. maneeshpan macrumors newbie

17. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

360 trails Xbox

From the Christmas issue of Edge Magazine:

18. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

The 7 million sold figure sounds more accurate.

Microsoft may have managed to ship 8 or 9 million...