Game dilemma (WoW question)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Joeytpg, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Joeytpg macrumors 6502

Jul 1, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Hi guys, i have a WoW account.....and i have a lvl 16 character so far i haven't been able to really GET INTO the game too much.....i've gotten the character to lvl 16 because i was playing with some friends that helped me during the missions and gave me some money (even though i played on my own too) but most people tell me that the game starts to get insteresting after a lvl 40 character...some say after lvl 20, some even say after lvl 60...... i was thinking about selling my WoW Registration because far i haven't been able to "get into it too much" without getting bored......

....i come from FPS games basically (they're my fav.) so maybe that explains whyi can't get into WoW that easy, or why i find the game -kind of slow-

SO, TO ALL YOU WoW FANS........ you recommend me to wait and get my character to at least lvl 20? (40?) will it get more exciting than now?....i have a Warrior character. WHAT KIND OF EXCITEMENT CAN I EXPECT from a higher lvl character?

i ordered Call Of Duty 2 also....any other COOL KICK Ass GAMES you can recommend? :)
  2. Ayre macrumors member

Jun 7, 2003
    The game doesn't really change much, except getting better and better looking armor, along with getting a ridable mount at level 40, and an even faster one at 60. (all which cost gold, so save your coppers!)

I started my current character on a new server back in January so I'd have a character to take into the Outlands when the expansion pack came along. I can safely say that when you get to the addicted to the game, getting to level 60 really is only half the game. The other half is spent joining a raiding/pvp guild so that you can do the higher leveled raid dungeons and take down monsters 50 times your size.

Really, the game is all about socializing, which is what will get you through to level 60 and beyond. Since you're a FPS fan, you're probably more use to playing on your own both in single player and online, and if you play WoW like that, you're likely to get bored.
  3. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

Mar 21, 2006
    I don't play a Warrior but a hunter It got really fun at 25+ Less fun at upper 30`s and again fun at 40`S I`Ve read that warriors were not that interesting till 30+. pvp and dungeons are a lot Of fun
  4. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Mar 13, 2004
    I enjoyed having a lvl 60 warrior in a raiding guild because as a warrior, you have the job of tank. It's pretty fun when you're getting wailed on by a HUGE monster and you don't die because you've collected kickass armor and other people in your party are working on healing you.

PvP was also fun in the same way. I'd charge into a group of 10+ of alliance and what would normally take them a second or two to kill someone took them about 10-15 seconds if I had a friendly priest or two.

I'm not playing anymore, but when I started, I was coming out of the Diablo II legacy where I had a lot of fun item hunting and growing a character. If RPGs aren't your thing, then you might not have a lot of fun with this game.
  5. Joeytpg thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 1, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    alright... :S well hehehe it's a catch 22 because i like the idea of an infinite game.....(you can play for ages....) whereas FPS only last a limited amount of time... :p

well i think i might give WoW another try.....

anyways...any other KICK ASS FPS you could all recommend?

I'm not into DOOM III type of games (it was fun for a while but honestly those futuristic type of games bore me a little......) i like War type of games....etc... any other?

some people say Half Life is the cooles FPS out that true?
  6. K20 macrumors member

Nov 19, 2006
    Torrance, CA
    My character is only at level 22, but I've only done one dungeon raid so far and its a lot of fun. I'd agree with any previous statements about the game mostly being about socializing.
  7. pcypert macrumors 6502

Jul 19, 2006
    Personally I enjoyed things quite a bit more after level 20. The first time you get a true caving experience where you have to go in with a team and everyone just barely makes it out is a lot of fun...much different that the previous working up stuff...

8. dizastor macrumors 6502a

Dec 27, 2001
    Los Angeles
    For me, WoW has always boiled down to the people that you play with. I couldn't imagine soloing from 1-60. Get yourself into a friendly guild and the game becomes much more enjoyable.
  9. sketchy macrumors regular

Jul 24, 2003
    Richmond VA
    you can't legally sell your account. It is against Blizzard's terms of service.

There have been many problems with people selling their accounts for hundreds+, then coming back a few months later and changing the password on the website. There is no way to change ownership of an account, and you cannot transfer characters to accounts that are not in your name
  10. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

Dec 12, 2006
    Peace in Plainfield
    for me, enjoyment is at lvl 60 because, at this time, there is no one higher lvl than you so if someone tries to attack you, its fair game, raiding is just....its just great. Nothing like being online with 40 other people working together to take down Rag and listening to pantera real loud :D
    I really hope that the imac i plan on ordering in a month or so will be able to handle WoW and other mmorpg's that come out. I gave up on counterstrike cause too many people "hacked", i dont know how anyone can really find FPS's fun anymore when they all are screaming "hes wallhacking!"
    sorry for rambling on, i'm at work and haven't had anything to do all day long