game ideas

Discussion in 'Games' started by mactellwillsuck, Jun 30, 2005.

1. mactellwillsuck macrumors newbie

2. jadam macrumors 6502a

jadam

3. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Unreal Tournament 2004 is the best online FPS game.

My favorite. I play it offline though, cuz my cd-key is rejected, but even with bots it's a lot of fun. Bots are very smart! :)

4. mactellwillsuck thread starter macrumors newbie

Is battlefield 2 that game that is like american army and if it is good advice
    I looked at somescreenshots for that game its ASOME :)

5. mactellwillsuck thread starter macrumors newbie

Will unreal tournment run on grafix card with 32mb of vram. Its ok if the setting have to be turned down as lond as i can get it to run.

6. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

32MB is the minimum, so it should at least start.

7. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

I recommend Battlefield 1942, if you're on a Mac. BF2 won't come out soon and BF1942 has quite low system requirements.

8. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Call of Duty - I've played this on an iBook on low settings so it will be okay with your video card
    BF1942 - might run
    UT2004 - might run

9. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

I play this game (if you mean ut2004) with no problems (my eMac's specs in my sig). Be sure not to set ALL graphics options to minimum, because "Normal" textures and character textures fit just fine in 32 MB VRAM and still look almost as "Highest". If you experience low performance the thing I recommend you to turn down is "World Detail". When I made it 'Low' instead of "Normal" I noticed around 10 fps gain in certan maps (for example DM-Rankin or CTF-Citadel)

10. efoto macrumors 68030

I misunderstood the purpose of this thread from the initial title....oh well, I'll take what I thought and start this thread.

In response to this topic, I think UT2004 is pretty cool, but it is the same as all the UT games have been since UT.

I prefer the more realistic games like Raven Shield, perhaps a little Battlefield or Call of Duty which are both great war games. If all you have is a 32MB vid card, take care on the requirements for some of these however, they can be quite steep in some cases.