Game images

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Collyer, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Collyer macrumors newbie

Hey, does anyone know if it is possible to get game images for mac?

Thank you

2. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

If by game images you mean disk images of games, then we don't discuss that sort of stuff here. If you want an image of a game, buy the game yourself and make a legal image.

If you're talking about images FROM games then you can find them anywhere on the internet, with even more ease than on a PC. :rolleyes:

3. Collyer thread starter macrumors newbie

I have the game, but i don't know how to make an image myself.

Disk images are legal, how can it be illeagal when i own this game, i just don't want to insert the disk each time i play.

4. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

Ah, I see. THAT is perfectly legal. Downloading game images off the internet is illegal. Be more specific next time. By your first post it sounded like you were a run of the mill pirate. ;)

It really depends on what game you're trying to make an image of. Some are more protected than others, but i've always had success by using Disk Utility. Simply navigate to your applications folder, from there go to the utilities folder, and there you'll find Disk Utility. Insert the CD you want to make an image of. Click on the volume that shows up on the left hand side of disk utility. Then go to the file menu, scroll down to new, then pick the one that says "Disk Image from disk0s1" or something like that. If you can't find that option under the "new" menu button, it's because you don't have the right volume selected. Once you get that part right, it should go right off and make a data copy that you can mount whenever you need it. If you happen to have Toast Titanium, I believe you can make disk images with that as well.

Cheers

5. Collyer thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much :)