game on powerbook issue

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by DRL453, Oct 16, 2005.

1. DRL453 macrumors newbie

Aug 22, 2005
    I just have a question about playing World of Warcraft on my 12" powerbook g4. It runs very smoothly with no trouble whatsoever but I am aware that these laptops really aren't supposed to be carrying these types of games. Am I damaging my computer any by playing this for pretty long lengths of time>???
  2. VanMac macrumors 6502a

May 26, 2005
    Rampaging Tokyo
    What do you mean by this???
  3. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

Dec 7, 2002
    Florida, USA
    The computer is built to do tough activities. If the computer gets too hot, it will automatically shut off to prevent damage. There is a chance that playing these games all the time may shorten the life of the hard drive by a small amount... but more than likely it will have no bad effects. Just make sure you place the Powerbook somewhere with good ventilation (not on a pillow or other fabric).
  4. tdhurst macrumors 68040

Dec 27, 2003
    Portland, OR

Laptops aren't supposed to play games? What?

I sure as hell hope not, cause then I am screwed. I play Halo and Star Wars Battleground for hours...
  5. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

Apr 17, 2004
    If you read on Apple's website, they say about how the iBook can handle Halo and Unreal Tournament. Portability with the maximum entertainment. So, laptops are just a lower version of a desktop, but they are portable. It doesn't matter if you play games on it. You can shorten the hard drive by moving Pictures/Photo's/Movies/etc. all around. So NO you are not damaging your computer. You are using it, and by using a computer you'll always be damaging it in someway or another a tiny tiny tiny bit.
  6. DRL453 thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 22, 2005
    Haha okay...I don't know why I ever thought games were mainly for desktops. Thanks for the info!