Game problems

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Caspa, May 14, 2003.

1. Caspa macrumors member

Just trying to play black and white on my new PB12.. and when it starts it just fades to black, plays all the music etc... and thats it! It won't display anything at all on the screen, and it won't force quit so I have to force restart. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks

2. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

try reinstallin the game..(9 or 10)

note: 300 post look when i registered:D <-----------

3. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

well my friend at works old imac does this when he tries to play Starcraft or diablo..... I havent had the time to go to his house and look at it since he lives on the oposite side of town then me. I think it might be a bad vid card though.

4. Caspa thread starter macrumors member

Well I tried reinstalling it, but it didnt change much at all :(. And I don't think its my graphics card... it seems to run ut2003 etc fine. Strange.

5. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

I will try and post it on the blizzard tech forms when I get home from work and see if they know I would like to know how to fix this problem too :)

6. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

The only time I've ever seen anything like that is trying (and failing) to play 4X4 in Classic on 10.2.X. Starts up, fades to black, off the HD.

7. Caspa thread starter macrumors member

hah.. actually ended up fixing it simply by installing the update for it. I feel a bit foolish now :D