Game recommendations for young children?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Sly, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Sly macrumors 6502

Sly

I'm just about to do a 12 hr long haul flight with my 2 year old. I need something to keep him amused for at least a good part of that time! Can I have some recommendations for software that will keep him happy, freeware or comercial, I'm happy to pay if it keeps him quiet.

Part 2: his favorite website at the moment is www.kneebouncers.com which has flash based games on it. Is there any way I can save the site on my Powerbook to play on the plane where there will be no internet conection?

2. smartmart macrumors newbie

Games for very young children

There's loads of good games for kids out there, but the first to grab my kids attention was "Moop & Dreadly in Treasure on Bing Bong Island". It's available on many on line stores like amazon, apple etc. Just pop it into google and search. It's available for mac and windows. Don't be put off by the fact that it's a few years old. Latest doesn't generally mean something's good. The best thing about this game is that poor mouse control doesn't matter because clicking all over the place makes lots of fun things happen so the kid doesn't get frustrated. It's funny and challenging enough to amuse the adult who's helping. 4 years later, my kids still play it despite being technically too old for this game. I must confess that I enjoy the odd time we revisit. A sequel is Long overdue.