game seven

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Oct 27, 2002.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

so we are given a game 7 for the california world series!

any predictions on who will win?

i say it's too close to call, and game will be decided by two runs or less

and on the football front, any early predictions for who will make it to the playoffs?

to keep things in the california vein, i say the oakland raiders and san francisco 49ers will definitely go to the playoffs but may not go that far in terms of actually reaching the superbowl

but watch out for the arizona cardinals from week to week...they could be the superbowl contender from out of nowhere

2. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I agree, too close to call. Who knows? Maybe the rally monkey will sway the outcome ;)

3. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I got your rally monkey right here! :eek:

Go Giants! :D

4. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

that's gotta hurt giants fans.

way to blow it

i can't believe that crap lasted 7 games.. ahh well, now the simpsons and malcolm in the middle can resume.

5. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

Agreed... Giants blew it.

They looked way over-confident in the 7th inning of Game 6 (when they were up 5-0). After that, they lost control for good.

6. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Giants

*sigh*

Oh well, maybe next year...

I'm proud of them for making it as far as they did.

7. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

the giants had their chances in game seven with so many people on base

and in the final inning, the giants had their best chance with a walk and two singles with just one out

at least the giants could have rallied and tied it all up but the pitching and especially the defensive play of the angels was fantastic with diving catches, good fielding, and a very alert catcher stopping wild pitches

it looks like the angels were about to self destruct on pitching several times and the pitching coach of the angels had to come out several times to keep things steady, but in the end the angels finally got their first win since they started as the los angeles angels in 1961

8. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

It was my birthday yesterday, and just for fun my "wish" was that the Angels would take the World Series. :D In my opinion, the Giants are a great team, but they've already won a WS. I felt sorry for the Angels so I figured they deserved to have one too. I grew up watching Angels games, so this was pretty cool.

9. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

10. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

he has everything else like single season walks record, single season home runs record, home runs record in post season, and maybe walks record in the post season, unprecedented four time MVP, and a chance to catch willie mays, babe ruth, and hank aaron in career home runs

there is no doubt that bonds will be hall of fame material

he didn't do badly before he came to san francisco, either

he is not an easy guy for the press to like or for the other giant's players to like