Game suggestion?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Kurri, Dec 8, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

Mar 6, 2009
    Just got a MBA i7 256gb 13", would like to get a game or two for traveling, etc.

Was thinking about getting "The Movies". How does it run? anyone have it?

I'm not a heavy gammer, just like to pick up and play for a little at a time on vacation, trips, work, etc.

any suggestions? any games to stay away from that dont run well?
  2. macrumors Core

Jul 24, 2006
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
  3. macrumors member

May 31, 2010
  4. macrumors member

Nov 18, 2011
    Does anybody know a game similar to AoE II that runs on an 13'' base model WITHOUT the dvd drive?
  5. macrumors 65816

Jun 30, 2010
    Just get GTA vice city, 3 or san andreas off the app store. It is nice to dip in and out of when you have half an hour free.
  6. macrumors 6502

Feb 26, 2011
    CIV 5 , in the app store, runs on 11" so I assume it will run on the 13"
  7. macrumors member

Apr 8, 2011
    WOW - its an old game but its constantly upgraded, i have tried the trial up to level 20 and all i could say is I wish I could have reached the higher levels, its a well crafted game , very addictive.

Battlestar Gallactica - this is a free to play game, although you can buy exclusive items, etc. Controls are responsive , you need to be on the higher levels if you wish to join raids, you can " space jump " to the enemy bases if there's a high level player on your team, but you die easily like less than 5 secs. lol . the fleet battles are awesome.

Uberstrike - another free to play game, with some exlusive items, weapons, costumes if you pay real cash. It's a nice fps but you get bored easily with some of the maps, there are tons of players though.

Dead Frontier - A nice zombie survival game, you need to pay cash for exclusive items, etc.
  8. 2IS
    macrumors 68030

Jan 9, 2011
    If you want to try games that would otherwise not run or run like crap on an MBA you really should check out On-Live. Its essentially made for laptops like the MBA. You do need a decent internet connection for it though.
  9. macrumors 6502

Nov 4, 2011
    iff you go for GTA get vice city only one that runs well on the air:D
  10. macrumors 6502a

Jul 17, 2002
  11. macrumors member

Nov 18, 2011
    I had a look around and Civ V is supposed to be really slow on the MBA once the cloud of war decreases and the number of units increases.

I am not a shooter person, and not a GTA fan at all. On my PC I was playing AoE II; AoE III and C&C3 Red Allert. As well as football manager from about 2002 :D

If I see it correctly they are all available on Mac, but all need the external drive? I want to be able to play even if not connected to the web. And I have no clue about steam.
  12. macrumors 6502

Apr 11, 2008
    Calgary, Alberta
    Rome: Total War... runs on the 11" fine and is available on the mac app store. Much better than Civ \ AoE
  13. macrumors 6502a

Jan 8, 2009
    Elder Scrolls: Skyrim. Won game of the year and is a great time waster. I also am a pretty casual gamer and this game is just amazing.
  14. macrumors member

Aug 14, 2010
    Asphalt 6. Banal racing style game that can burn some time.
  15. macrumors 6502a

Aug 24, 2008
    You have a 2010 or 2011 Air?