game system to laptop?

Discussion in 'Community' started by kungfu, Aug 9, 2002.

1. kungfu macrumors regular

does anyone know of a product that would allow me to connect a game system (playstation, gamecube, etc) to an ibook? thanks for your help... kungfu

2. vniow macrumors G4

http://www.dazzle.com/products/hw_bridge.html

You should try this out if you have firewire, maybe a usb tv tuner with video-in. El-gato's is usb and it has composite with audio connections, but I recommend a firewire one if all you're going to do is pass though an A/V signal. You should also so a search for playstation emulators on google. I'm not sure if any will work on a Mac (or at all for that matter), but it's worth checking out.

3. MacMaster macrumors 6502

I don't suppose you looked to see what the price tag on that thing was...$300!!!! That thing is ment for editing video, etc., from things that only have A/V out, like VCR's.

You probably want to get a USB tuner with A/V in. I don't know how well those work though...

4. vniow macrumors G4

Too bad the usb tuners can only get 320x240, the firewire ones can get up to 720x480, (they're $250 at buy.com) though I don't know how much of a difference that would make on an iBook screen. What model is your iBook?