Game Warez

Discussion in 'Community' started by pgwalsh, Sep 9, 2003.

1. pgwalsh macrumors 68000

pgwalsh

That's Gaming Magazine turned into a warez... hehe
    Ok... this is funny and sad at the same time. I can't believe people really do this, I hope it stops...

[​IMG]

2. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

well, you've taken the first step by scanning and posting the article here in the MacRumors forum. :p

but seriously, thanks for posting it. an interesting read. i can't beleive they are scanning full reviews and stuff now. that's just pathetic.

Mr Bauman makes a good point about the whacky Slashdot readers thinking 'all information must be free', but they wouldn't want anyone to mess with stuff they've created.:rolleyes:

BTW, what magazine is that from? seems like a good mag... could you post a link to their site? please?:p :D

3. pgwalsh thread starter macrumors 68000

pgwalsh

It's from Computer Games Magazine...

Funny thing is, I hardly every play games, but I thought this was interesting.

4. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

so you thought that article was interesting and you bought the mag? of course you did. there's a good boy. :D :p

i just thought of the copy protecting that they mention in the article. i used to buy the magazine 3D World quite regularly. in one issue there was a really good pic in it, so i decided to scan it (for my own use, no biggie.)

but they did something to the magazine, and when you scan it you can't see the pictures clearly at all, all you see is the dots of ink from the printing.

so either there is some way to copy protect photos, or i was scanning it wrong. if i was scanning it wrong, someone who knows how to scan magazines, please tell me the proper technique.;) :p

(I was scanning them at 300dpi, full colour if that helps)

5. pgwalsh thread starter macrumors 68000

pgwalsh

......er yeah of course I did... :p

Did you try scanning at lower res?