Game you can't live without

Discussion in 'Games' started by Compatiblepoker, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Compatiblepoker macrumors regular

What game can you not live without? Im looking to get addicted to a new one. :D

2. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

3. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

If you want to play a game for months (1-2 years) without getting bored or getting to the highend contant play World of Warcraft.

4. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Right now - Half Life 2 Deathmatch. Just the pace is brilliant (16 players + Lockdown :D ). I want to play it now but since it's dark and the heating's off I'd get cold pretty fast. damn UK coldness. Sure as hell Metroid Hunters will be better for me.

Nothing else really has me right now. I'd love to get amnesia and play through Metroid Prime 1 and 2 again.

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Silent Hill 2,3,4 is great for story and gameplay...it dont get any better than silent hill.

Bless

7. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Counter-Strike: Source

I started w/ CS 1.4 then moved on up to CS:S (had to build a whole new computer just for it). Awesome game, and there are a lot of cool poeple playing it (if you can get past the kids).

8. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

America's Army. Nothing better than a good graphics, online, free game. :cool:

9. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Such a pity there was never CS Mac...

Smash Bros.

10. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Only if you can get past training! That new shoothouse on the first set of levels is a b*tch to get round. You have to be pretty much perfect. I only survived because I had a copy of the previous version lying around :D

11. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Tetris DX. Colored handheld magic in your hand (and my drug :eek: )

12. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Oh please. It's extremely easy (not as easy as the old training though). The number one thing I see people do wrong is that they start shooting before they are completely in the room. You lose points if you are still in the previous room even just a little. Plus, make use of flashes and still with the handgun.

13. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

Warcraft 3 online DOTA. there's just so much involved to it, it has got to be the best mod/minigame thing ever and i absolutely can't stop playing it!

14. Aarow macrumors 6502a

I used to think I couldn't live without Call of Duty, but now it's boring. I'm looking into buying a DS lite sometime.

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Smash Bros :D Yes! but only in multiplayer these days

16. Compatiblepoker thread starter macrumors regular

Lol Tetris. I used to be so addicted to that game that I would play it forever. I remember seeing bricks fall when I was trying to sleep!

17. Peyton macrumors 68000

Peyton

Well, I don't play games any more really, but my life wouldn't be the same without Red Alert 1 or 2.

Or when I was much younger... Kings Quest or Quest for Glory

18. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

19. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

1-2 years without getting to the high-end content? I was level 60 in probably 3 months and it got kinda boring after that.

War3 is the only game I currently play, so I guess I'll say that the game I can't live without.

20. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

I say I'm addicted to WoW and Call of Duty. Mainly they both run on my systems.

21. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

I don't know how to pass the new levels but like you I have the 1.9 and already passed it years ago. Try out AA, get medic, sniper and SF training. Play bridge crossing all day and swtich off from assult and defense.

22. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Kingdom Hearts.

Buy this game.

The game is 30 hours of awesomeness. And besides that...

Sephiroth is the most challenging boss I have ever fought. I'm talking about a guy that takes off 2/3rds of my health per hit with his sword, runs around the stage, jumps halfway across the arena, teleports behind you and dashes with his sword if you hit him with a four-hit combo, and if you fail to finish the combo he uses this flame pillar counter attack that wipes out everything within two dozen feet and if you get unlucky and get caught in the middle sometimes two or three times. This is only at the beginning of course. He has four and a half health bars.

The flame pillar counter attack:
    [​IMG]

When you get him down to the second bar, he starts running around the stage at high speeds, teleporting for most of his attacks, and using this instant-kill move where he teleports to a random spot on the stage (sometimes very far from you) and shouts, "Descend Heartless Angel!" and hits you with an instant kill move (you can equip Second Chance and it will take you down to 1 HP and 0 MP, and you can't heal without MP so you have about one second to use one of your few items before he teleports behind you and attacks). Then sometimes he gets annoyed and powers up and teleports and attacks you about six or seven times with undodgeable (but blockable if you're really good) strikes (remember- 2/3rds of my health per hit!), then one final strike that sends out shockwaves. That move virtually ALWAYS kills me (I survived it, like, once).

I haven't gotten him down to the third bar, but I've seen people do it and he pulls off even MORE evil moves such as Meteor.

And I do so little damage that it takes me ten minutes to get him down to the second bar.

Also, I've talked about how much damage his sword does to me...I HAVEN'T mentioned the SIZE of the sword.

[​IMG]

I kid you not, the length of the sword on the one on the left is NOT an exagguration. That's how long it is in the game. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's the game model.

I want to find the guy that programmed Sephiroth at E3 and kill him.

(note; I could go out and level up some more, but I know someone who beat him at the same level after a thousand tries, and I'm not going to be outdone :p and he can still kill a level 100 player, though he's a HECKUVALOT easier, I played on someone's score).

Sorry to rant, but I've been fighting him all day.
    ----

There's also any Zelda game and Metroid Prime.

23. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

I can't say I share your enthusiam for Kingdom Hearts. That is to say, it may be the worst game concept ever. I'm sure it's fun to play, but... Sephiroth and Disney characters? For the love of god and all that is holy. :confused:

Studies have been done on Tetris players. They tested participants on various abilities, but dreaming of bricks was one effect. :)

24. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Unreal Tournament 2004

Have been playing this game since its release almost without long breaks (mostly for a month a couple of time just to play KotOR :D )