Gameboy Advance Catridges in DS?

Discussion in 'Games' started by playm0de, Jul 10, 2006.

1. playm0de macrumors member

Do Gameboy Advance or Advance SP cartridges fit in a nintendo DS without sticking out?

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

They stick out of a DS Lite. not an older DS.

3. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Regular DS is fine. As he said, they stick out a little with the Lite. Shouldn't be too much of a problem, though.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

this was answered twice, but because I'm on the internet.

DS big- no problem.
    DS Lite- pokes out a bit (which makes for an excellent handle for stylus games, accidental stoke of genius?)

5. playm0de thread starter macrumors member

I have a gameboy advance SP and I hate putting original gameboy cartridges in because they stick out so much. Im picking up a DS Lite soon and want to play some of the advance games on it but I don't want them to be awkward...how much do they stick out?

6. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

not that much. like half an inch i suppose. no where near as much as GB Games+GBA SP

7. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

it doesn't stick out enough to bother me. and it actually does help a tad on stylus based games ( MP:H ) for instance

8. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

once you start playing some of the DS games, you won't want to go back to the advanced games ever again. :)

9. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Actually I found the exact opposite to be true. Playing all my old GBA games on the DS Lite brought all my old games to life with it's super crisp ultra bright screen. Games I haven't played in years look amazing now.

Plus I only own 2 DS games and about 30 GBA games so it's strength by numbers ;)

10. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

It sticks out of the Lite. The original DS is fine.

However, original GameBoy and GameBoy Color cartridges will not work. Just GameBoy Advance.

11. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

No true for me either :D! I just bought a RED GBA Micro to compliment my DS (they were only $AU50) and I'm in love with it. Picked up a few GBA games on the weekend - I'm digging Astro Boy: Omega Factor :). Much, much better than my original GBA that hasn't been used in a couple of years.

12. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

I like DS games ( I have 9 now and my favorite is currently Trauma Center) but I still pick up some GBA ones for their super cheap used prices. I got Final Fantasy Tactics, Shining Force, and River City Ransom for $10 each. I would like to get Mario 3 and Super Street Fighter II but they are still too expensive for some dumb reason. I know they are immensely popular but we are talking about 15 year old games!