gameboy micro

Discussion in 'Games' started by mark!, Mar 10, 2006.

1. mark! macrumors 65816

mark!

If you have one do you like it? Do y'all think its worth it. If you've ever seen it or anything do you like it and stuff? What don't you like about it?

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I had one. It was beautiful. But if you're british I suggest you get an american import, you get faceplates and that!

There wasn't much I didn't like about it. the biggest negative was the lack of classic GB game support. The screen is just bloomin awesome. I was suspicious at first, but in real life I was blown back. It's so small, so beautiful, so bright and vivid. At my regular viewing distance I couldn't see the pixel 'cells' which I can currently see on my 2005FPW and my 12" PB screen.

It's very good. The asking price may be a little high, but it really is the best machine to play GBA games on. and only if its a US version.

3. mark! thread starter macrumors 65816

mark!

Thanks! I've had the Gameboy Advance (the original one, the one that didn't have a backlight) and sold it later to get the SP. I sold that and now I wanna get another little nintendo thing (geez nintendo is almost as bad as apple). So i wanna get the micro just to play GBA games, like the ones that were originally for the SNES, instead of getting a new SNES. I want the famicom thing...i usually gate red (and especially gold) but I don't care...Mario pride! I just wanna flippin get one to play them old Mario & Donkey Kong games!

BTW I am in the US, so that wouldn't be a problem. Thanks!

4. benpatient macrumors 68000

I bought one for my wife.

We like it quite a lot.

the only negatives i can think of are:

• a bit small for your hands over a long period of time if you have bigger hands.
    • doesn't play old gameboy games.

5. mark! thread starter macrumors 65816

mark!

I'm only 15...my hands are big...but they're all scrawny & shiot from piano & stupid crap like that...ugh. I think it's big enough for me =D. haha. Thanks!

6. mark! thread starter macrumors 65816

mark!

Actually, I change my mind, I just found out that the DS lite can play the GBA games too, even though they stick out, I don't care...they're too cool. My dad just bought me a MacBook Pro, & we spent like...$3,000 redoing my room & $2,000 doing his...so I think I'll take care of this luxury expense :D

(meaning that waiting until may when the DS lite comes out, I will have saved enough money by then...and probably way before thenn...haha)

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yup, it can play GBA games. Only problem is it's a lot bigger. The Micros biggest point is that it's very small. It seriously weighs next to nothing... Wonder if it's the lightest games console yet?

Anywho. DS Lite is beautiful, so is the Micro. But to play GBA games and DS, its the Lite for you.

8. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

it well worth the 90 Bucks(i bought it an i have a DS, i'm becoming a Nintendo Fan agian), i'm a big guy(for my age), my hands are big too but i can play the GBM for a long time

The Screen is very nice... much better then the GBA(never had an SP)

Get it

9. 0s and 1s macrumors 6502a

0s and 1s

I'm selling mine, 20th anniversary edition, for $60 shipped! It comes with an EB games warranty. I love it, but I just don't have time for it anymore. :( The screen is definitely an improvement over the SP. Everything is great. I wish I just had time....especially for Tales of Phantasia.

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Gah! you! If I didn't go on a little spending spree today I would have paid that bit extra to get it to UK shores.

11. mark! thread starter macrumors 65816

mark!

How would I go about doing that? Do you have an eBay account? If you do I would feel a lot more comfortable doing that, and then I just 'buy it now'. I've been ripped off enough times with this 'I HAVE _ _ _ _ _ FOR _ SHIPPED!' It's frikkin annoying. But if you have a good way to do that....I guess I'm all for it!

12. Winstonp macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

i had a micro and a ds at the same time, totally redundant setup.

I suggest getting a ds, because a ds plays the same games as the micro, as well as ds games.

only get the micro if you want to play GBA games only.

or unless your rich and can afford multiple systems to play your library of games.

winston

13. mark! thread starter macrumors 65816

mark!

I think what I'll do is get the micro now because it is so cool, and then get the DS lite in may. I haven't ever really played any DS games....seems like it would be weird using 2 screens & all...how do you like it?

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Theres a reason why it's the best selling system at the moment. It's bloody awesome. Fantastic games for all ages, free and seemingly established (over 1,000,000 connections now) online play.

Be careful though. Tetris and Metroid Prime come out either this or next month. They are going to be big. 1 game for the thinkers, 1 for the shooters. 2 big bases covered. both online. unfortunately I'm on a gaming diet right now so I won't be getting either for a few months :)

15. crachoar macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't bother with the Micro, considering it loses the major functionality of the SP (the ability to play any GameBoy Game, ever). If you're dead-set on getting a GBA instead of a DS (for some odd reason), then I'd just go with the new SP. The screen is the same quality as the Micro (only bigger), it plays every GameBoy game, and it's about $15 cheaper (new at least).

If you could care less about older GameBoy games, I'd just get a DS.

16. themanfromvlad macrumors 6502

themanfromvlad

Not true. The refresh rate on the micro is much better.

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

and, IMO, the buttons are miles better. The SP buttons are like the old DS. useable but horrible. The new DS Lite, Micro and Rev controller (at least from images) all have the same style of button. a delight to use.

18. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I have both, but if you have 219 to spend you can buy it, which does not make your rich. DS, GameCube and Micro and part of Nintendo's plan , 3 legs of vidoe games, all of which i love. Its something MS is missing, and Sony has 2 but they don't have a low end handheld for fun, quick games. Its why MS will never win the consle war, they don't have anything in the handheld market, so no matter how good the xBox line gets people will buy Nintendo and Sony TV based systems because the love the HandHeld games the play.

Get a Micro now, wait for a DS lite