GameCube bundles...

Discussion in 'Games' started by Lord Blackadder, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I'm thinking about getting a GameCube....what game bundles are currently available for it? thanks..

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

it looks to me like different stores have different sets. i would look at Costco if you can. i got over the summer a gamecube, two controllers, memory card, and Metriod Prime for $80 from them.

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Last time i checked they had the gamecube with two controls, mem stick and a mario game for $99 it was in target.

Bless

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Ok slightly going off topic.. Lord Blackadder - are you in the states? If so I ddin't realise you got BlackAdder over there :D I love that show...

I love my Gamecube, but I'd wait for the revolution.. Or just buy one when Twilight Princess comes out (I'm sure there will be a twilight bundle)...

5. Lord Blackadder thread starter macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

They used to (and may still) run Blackadder on PBS public television, and now they have it on BBC America (cable channel). But I have the DVD set, of course.;)

I'm really looking for the Metroid Prime bundle, if they still sell it. I'm not sure what other games I'd want..there was a LeMans racing game I remember playing on the GameCube a couple years back...

Not interested in any of the new consoles, due to cost. It's either a GameCube bundle or CoD 2 for the xbox my little brother was not allowed to take with him to college. :p

6. Otto Rehhagel macrumors regular

Otto Rehhagel

Here is a good start:
    Metroid Prime Bundle with 2nd controller for $99 with 1.40 shipping

It is a factory reconditioned one, but it is black and comes with the Metroid Prime with the Metroid Prime 2 demo disk. Plus it comes with some other game, Midaway Arcade Treasures game (Paperboy, Joust, Defender, Marble Madness, Smash TV).

There is some third party second controller, but for about 100 bucks, it is basically the Metroid Bundle they sold over a year ago with a few extras.

If I did not buy my Mario Kart double dash bundle with 2 nintendo controllers for $99 from Best Buy in 2004, I would get this one right now. The stock is limited.

I believe they sell CoD 2 for the Gamecube.

7. Lord Blackadder thread starter macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Thanks for the link. So am I to assume that the Metroid bundle is not currently sold? Do they sell several different bundles at the same time, or just one at a time? I know Metroid is hardly a new game but it still seems pretty popular.

8. Otto Rehhagel macrumors regular

Otto Rehhagel

From what I see now in stores, some Gamecube bundles are bundled with either a Pokemon game, or a Mario Party game. The warehouse clubs may have a Zelda wind waker bundle, but all the great games are the older ones and can each be had for $20 or less if you look.

9. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

It should be noted that the Revolution will be the cheapest of the next-gen consoles, and since it has GameCube controller and memory card slots, you can simply swap out the GameCube and swap in the Revolution and hook up all the same hardware (memory cards and controllers and games).

I'd say get a Smash Bros or Metroid bundle. Wind Waker and Metroid Prime can be found for under $10 at GameStop and sometimes under $5 used.

10. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

yeah it appears that there is no longer a metroid bundle available out there. but metriod prime is under 20 new i think anyways. so i would try and find a bundle with a game that you would play anyways. looks like mario sunshine is big in the bundles now.

11. AuburnTiger macrumors member

You could pick up a $99 Gamecube, then buy one of the Player's Choice titles. I just recently got hooked on Soul Calibur II. And for only $20! :cool:

12. Lord Blackadder thread starter macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Thanks everyone for the info. If I go for it I'll probably just get the GameCube by itself then pick up whatever games I want used.

13. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

might be worth a try to go to a gamestop, they may let you customize a bundle. their different stores are sometimes flexible about that. i checked their website but they currently don't have any good gamecube bundles right now. but trying the stores often has better luck.