Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by smartalic34, Feb 23, 2007.

1. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a

May 16, 2006
    I was wondering... is there any possible way to connect a nintendo gamecube to a macbook pro (in order to use the MBP's screen as the monitor for the gamecube)? What sort of cable would I need? I appreciate any insight
  2. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

Aug 16, 2006
    I have an EyeTV EZ-the model with no hardware encoding, which supposedly is the best gaming solution from Elgato. And although I admit it's not unplayable, but it's impossible to enjoy SSBM on it. I unhooked it after 1 day. I would think that EyeTV 250 with it's "gaming mode" (which stops hardware encoding) would yield the same results. As for what *works* sorry, but I don't know.
  3. nitynate macrumors 6502a

Jan 22, 2006
    Clearwater, FL
    The hardware you would need is way too expensive, and you could buy a small TV for that kind of price. Its too hard to be worth it.
  4. caffeeneaddict macrumors regular

Feb 23, 2007
    you could use an emulator but that just goes into copyright laws and such so i'd advise against it. but i did see a cable that hooked up to a computer at best buy for about $99 but i don't know how well it works and i doubt it'd be worth spending money on.