Gamepad Drivers??

Discussion in 'Games' started by geeeeeFive, Jun 2, 2004.

1. geeeeeFive macrumors newbie

May 17, 2004
    I know people think that the mouse and keyboard are the best way to play some games i.e. Halo etc... But I'm an old school console gamer. I just got my new G5 and I want to use a gamepad. I bought the iShockII and the drivers suck with them. The analog stick precision is sooo bad, it jerks like crazy. So i tried USB overdrive, almost there. the precision was awesome but you couldn't setup the second stick correctly. Then I tried Gamepad Companion, here the precision was better but still too jerky to be effective.:mad: Anyone know of a gamepad that comes with a decent driver???? HELP!!
  2. neonart macrumors 65816

Sep 4, 2002
    Near a Mac since 1993.
    What game in particular are you playing?

I have an iShock (first one) and it sucks harder than en Electrolux! Their drivers are just how you described.

If you are playing a game that is made for the mouse/keyboard I will tell you that it's the best way to go even if you're not used to it. I thought it was impossible and crazy to play that way since I was used to the 2600, SMS, Genesis, PS1, PS2 and GameCube. I got Ghost Recon and looked for a way to use a Gamepad, only to find how great it is to use the Keyboard and Mouse. So unless you have a really weird game that simply will not work with K/M, try it. You may surprise yourself. :)
  3. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

May 1, 2003
    Get something like this

I use my PS2 controller for gaming on my G5. I like it better than any gamepad for PC or Mac becuase the D-Pad on a PS2 controller actully works and feels close to a NES and SNES controller. I use the controller for gaming on emulators mostly, and like the D-Pad more that the analog stick.
  4. 7on macrumors 601

Nov 9, 2003
    Dress Rosa
    eh, pretty much the built-in drivers with OSX work just fine. My Nostromo n45 works flawlessly after the Panther upgrade. If I need to do any calibrating, the game I'm playing usually handles it fine.

Hey Laslo,