Gameranger and Windows

Discussion in 'Games' started by Muskie, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Muskie macrumors 6502

Muskie

I keep hearing about how someone is trying to port GR to Windows. I've also heard that it has not gotten Kevill's approval. Anyone know whats going on?

2. applekid macrumors 68020

If they somehow figure out how to connect to the server and make it function properly, sure why not. I'll believe it when I see it (but I doubt I'll see it).

Anyways, why would Windows need a similar service? They have a few major GameRanger-like services. I doubt there's that many Windows users who want to game with any Mac users they know of. Also, the games that already have Mac/PC networking support are usually the ones that don't require such Windows-only services.

3. Muskie thread starter macrumors 6502

Muskie

I agree, what's the point. I don't really see one either. Unless it's to join the Gr only games. One of the main reasons I fear this, is because of the major amount of cheating that would come to the GR games making it a lot less fun. I hope no one gets around to doing it :/

4. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Yeah I wouldn't GR on the Windows. For a few reason: There is something fun about being in an all Mac-gaming community, It would basicly be pointless like you guys said, and GameRanger is one of the few things we have that is just for Mac. I hope it doesn't make it to the Windows.