GameRanger help

Discussion in 'Games' started by pgc6000, Mar 6, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502a

With my iBook in for repairs I want to log onto gameranger on a different computer. The problem is there is already an account logged in when launch GameRanger.So my question is: how do you switch an account on GameRanger? Thanks in advance.

2. macrumors regular

WhiteSavage

log off, then log back on?

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I guess that's my question. how do I even log off and in once another account is already set up on that particular computer?

4. macrumors regular

WhiteSavage

Hmm... I dont exactly know how to log off, but I know that when you install a new version of GR, or install it all over again (Doesnt take much time), it asks you to log in or make a new account. You could switch there... although I dont know if you would want to be re-installing GR every time you want to play under a diff. name.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I guess I'll just reinstall it. Or I could just wait for my computer to come back in.

6. macrumors regular

Ringo

If i remember well u just gotta change place (or delete) the prefs of GR

It's that simple (the files are located in user/youruser/librairy/prefence/gameranger prefs/ the file you got to move is setting)

or you could also create a new account (for OS X not GR) so you could log whit the right account on gr

7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just uninstalled it. I'm on GameRanger right now. Though my iBook should be in soon...