Games and Apps in Full screen... is there a way to hide them?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by walkingmac, Oct 3, 2004.

1. walkingmac macrumors 6502

walkingmac

ok... so we all have those apps and games that go in full screen mode and there is no option to change that. then we have something going on in the background, maybe an IM or something else running we want to quickly switch to and then come back to our game/app. The problem is there is no way to do this without quitting. So, is there a way or an app that can force an app switch or hide the foremost app effectively in these situations?

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Try Apple-Tab or Expose to the desktop (if you have 10.3). Otherwise, the game might not allow you to do that.

3. walkingmac thread starter macrumors 6502

walkingmac

sry... should have been a bit more clear...none of the standard functions work in this apps I am looking at (bzflag, age of empires, etc). Basically i can't do apple+H, apple+tab, expose, etc....

any more thoughts then?

4. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

weird

I can still use Expose when in a game such as Halo or Unreal. Maybe it's the way I have it set up, which is expose is activated by the thumb button on my mouse. I also for some reason remember some games having the small "square withing a square" icon in the upper right hand corner that would take you out of full screen mode.

5. walkingmac thread starter macrumors 6502

walkingmac

Currently I am on vacation and can't really test that out on my system. It might make sense that a mouse button combination might work better then a KB stroke as they are probably mapped by the game (ie, the traditional F9-F11 don't work within these games). Thanx for the idea, will get back to this on that.