games descusion (xbox 360)

Discussion in 'Games' started by dylan6950204, Jan 13, 2007.

1. dylan6950204 macrumors member

dylan6950204

i have been looking all over just for a forum where people talk about the games so i am just loooking to see what every one thinks about ll the new xbox 360 games or even the older ones.

2. dylan6950204 thread starter macrumors member

dylan6950204

ill get us started what does every one think about tom clancy's rainbow six vegas.

3. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I hate to be rude, but use the search function. There are plenty of posts on what games people are looking forward to, top games of the year, and posts on individual games in this forum.

Ed

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

R6 Vegas is great.

My top 5 360 games are

1. G.R.A.W love this game on every front. amazing single player and immensly entertaining multiplayer. looooove it :)

2. Viva Pinata this game eats time, and despite its childish exterior, a deep and very challenging strategy game is concealed within

3. Oblivion - will surely shape future RPG's to come. Amazing

4. Kameo - its short for an rpg, but its so entertaining and looks amazing. Then they went and added Co-op play and i've enjoyed the game many times over with friends. excellent game

5. Chromehounds. After I destroyed the demo on this forum, posting that it was so bad, I went out and took a chance on the final game. And to my genuine amazment it's one of the best games EVER on live. Amazing in a group and i've ended up spending so many hours on it, and I dont even like mech games normally.

Runners up.

Perfect Dark (Multiplayer) so the single player was average, but multiplayer is excellent. 32 player infection mode - savage :)

Vegas - amazing game but havent spent enough time on it to warrant it in my top 5

Splinter Cell - has rejuvinited my love for splinter cell games.

Lost Planet - loving it so far.

Dead Rising - zombies ate my neighbour for the 21st century. great game.

5. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

It's called discussion. Lol.

Anyway, I want to play the upcoming rpg game that's from the makes of KOTOR.

What's that called again?

6. dylan6950204 thread starter macrumors member

dylan6950204

usualy i dont like many rpg's the ony one i have is fable lst chapters but since i am getting an xbox 360 anyone have some real good rpg's that they recomend

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

There are no games that have my interest now that my iMac can't play (Oblivion, RS and friends). Halo 3 has my attention. Anything in the Panzer Dragoon series will undoubtedly have too.

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Someone needs to tell the OP (check the thread title for the mistake) ;)

In general to posters

If you dont have or play a 360, then why post in a thread like this ?
    You are thread capping and really if you have nothing to say or contribute, don't bother because you kill a thread.

Please just use some common sense on this forum and RESPECT the OP and their question. It's their thread not yours.

Think before you post.

9. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

I'm currently deeply engrossed in Enchanted Arms (JRPG), and Oblivion is supposed to be immense (my copy's been in its box for a few months, so meh) if you like more western RPGs

10. pcypert macrumors 6502

I'm loving the biggies:

R6Vegas
    GOW
    Viva Pinata (only game my wife will get into)
    Dead Rising

Also have some friends and their little kids staying with us this week so I've been playing a lot of Fifa 2007 and Need for Speed Carbon...the only games that are really kid friendly...will probably pick up Lego Star Wars tomorrow as well...

Paul

11. dylan6950204 thread starter macrumors member

dylan6950204

what is the like game plot to viva pinata becuse every one seems to like it but i dont have any idea what it is

12. pcypert macrumors 6502

The plot is hard to explain...also it sounds ridiculous when you describe it...but it's oddly entertaining and fun. You make gardens to attract living Pinatas to come and live on your land. It's kid of like Sims, but not really. I play it a lot because it's fun, but more so because my wife can get into it unlike GOW or something like that :)

Honestly I wish they had more silly kinds of games like this...I'd love a new Crash Bandicoot game and a new Oddworld

Paul

13. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

I just got live arcade collection1 for the 360 becasue it has 6 games for $40 and I had store credit at best buy. I have fallen in love with Outpost Koloki X and wik is a wierd but fun little puzzle platformer. Outpost kolokix is pretty much a the equivalent of space station tycoon.

14. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Oblivion has eaten away many hours of sleep...

15. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeh its too weird to explain plot. It's like explaining the plot in anmial crossing or the sims.

There really is only golas rather than traditional plot. The game is open ended in sense.

Beware though, the game gets very challenging and despite its looks (which is visually one of the best looking original games on any format) it is not a kids game. Which is really kind of odd.

Great game alround and somthing this original should always be welcomed, because theres too much generic everything else. :)

I do know people who hated it, they simply didnt get it and went back to GOW. I guess it just depends on you.

16. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I was extremely hesitant about Viva Pinata, honestly, I'm not even sure why I was even interested in it. But something about it seemed cool so I bought it a couple weeks ago. Now, I can't even get to play it because my girlfriend and roommates all have their own gardens to attent and keep up. I never would have thought I would have liked the game since I normally only go for FPS, but it is truly is a great game. The game goes at whatever pace the player goes so it works great for kids or for grown ups. The achievements are really well balanced throughout the game.

It's one of those games that you can't describe to someone with it sounding stupid, you need to get them to play it for 5 minutes and they will be hooked.

17. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

To MRU and wwooden:

Viva Pinata - I have considering this for at least a month now and have yet to find a decent review. Then again it is these types of games i believe that do not lend themselve to review as well as other types (if that makes sense). GOW was ok in fact I went and got rid of it this past weekend and a big fan of tycoon games the older simcity games, I have been playing alot of vegas of late and pondering if this would be a decent purchase to waste time with?

18. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It's one of those games you either get it or dont. A lot of people dont like having open objectives.

I'm also a big fan of the tycoon games (especially Rollercoaster Tycoon).

I think this kind of game requires a lot more imagination than many games these days and is there to just spark your imagination & creativity rather than just offer an instruction manual on how to get from point A to point B and kill alot of things in-between.

I cant offer anything other than say to me its great. But like I say I also know others who played for about 30 mins to 1 hour and hated it, so hey ho.

19. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Gears of War - (3rd person Sci-Fi shooter) Wasn't expecting to like this game this much when I bought it; expected it to be very linear and more action than atmospheric (and it is) but it's still a great game, great fun to play.

Call of Duty 3 - (1st person WWII shooter) Took me a while to get into this one; if you've played any Call of Duty or Medal of Honor game you know what to expect. Just basically expect more (and better looking) everything on screen. Again, very linear.

Ridge Racer 6 - (Arcade Racer) The closest to a 'dud' that I have. The first RR game I've bought, and almost certainly the last. Looks ok, sounds terrible, play is fun for a while but is very, very repetitive.

Saints Row - (3rd person 'freestyle' crime action) Again, this didn't appeal to me much at first, but really starting to enjoy it now. It's pretty much a GTA rip-off; graphically very good. Not quite as atmospheric as San Andreas, IMO, but great fun.

Splinter Cell DA - (3rd person tactical shooter) Not played much yet, but it looks like similar gameplay, looks fantastic.

20. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

I played Geometry Wars and Marble Blast Ultra all weekend (in between finally finishing CoD3). Finally got to the point in GW where I can score 1 million + on a fairly consistent basis. ;) (My high score is 1.6 million)

GoW I'm taking a "break" from. :) gg nonetheless
    I think I'll start playing Dead Rising again; haven't played it much yet (maybe...30 minutes since I bought it...GoW stole the spotlight)

Lots of Live Arcade games I want to buy...Ms. Pac-Man, Frogger, Dig Dug, Worms and Castlevania: SotN when they're released :D...I would buy Ultimate MK3 but you can't configure the controller (which is dumb as hell).

21. pcypert macrumors 6502

Also really got into Burnout Revenge last night and Kameo. I like the feeling of Kameo...some reviews had it as RPGish but it's more of a platformer or something...at least in the beginning. Burnout is just Burnout. I get tons of road rage in Thailand and it's nice to burn it off on a game :)

Paul

22. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

DS Lite + Brain Training.

23. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Call of Duty 3 - Hard and linear, but fun all the same. Took me a surprisingly long time, mainly because I havent had as much free time as when I got Call of Duty 2. Game got very intense at times and I enjoyed it, though not quite as fun as Call of Duty 2.

Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion - The best game I've played in a VERY long time. Instant favorite. I'm not an RPG fan because they just don't quite fit down my alley, but this game stole the show on my 360, and my heart. It moves fairly quickly and theres hardly a dull moment. It looks damn nice to, even on my standard TV set. I haven't had this fun on a console in a long time.

Saints Row (from what I've played) - My bud brought over his 360 hardrive and Saints Row to my house. Had a blast with this game. GTA clone to say the least, but looks a lot nicer and has much more features. I'm sure GTA 4 will blow this one away, but I enjoyed it. I wouldn't mind adding this title to my collection when I have some extra money.

Somewhat ashamed to say I've never played GoW.

In the future - Brothers in Arms 3, MoH: Airborne, Halo 3, and Assasins Creed are all on my list.

So far I'm very satisfied with the new Xbox. I'm having a blast with it. It's found a new love for console gaming, which I strayed away from.

24. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Its an RPG in a similar form to Zelda. Its really an action adventure with platform and puzzle elements.

I love Kameo though :)

25. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

CircuitCity has the xbox live vision camera on sale this week and picked it up last night. I mapped my face into RainbowSix and it is definitely one of the cooler things out there. I hope more games incorporate features like this. It also included UNO and I forgot how much fun it could be. I hope GRAW2 follows Vegas and incorporates the camera and adds even more features. I would love to see this crate custom character into rpgs