Games don't recognize Keyboard in 10.2

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by FattyMembrane, Sep 7, 2002.

1. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

today i wiped out my hard drive and did a clean install of 10.2 (i'm now free from os9, although after experiencing jag's lackluster performance, i'm not sure if that's a good thing). so after getting everything settled, i decide to play a quick game of cro-mag rally. i fire it up and my mouse click works, but the keyboard does not, i have to force quit the game (twice). true this is not the most stable game on osx, so i figured that it was a problem with pangea. i decide to try mac-mame and the same thing happens, full screen game and the computer recognizes the mouse click but not the keyboard. once again, i do a force quit. i should mention that i'm using the opengl plug-in for mame and cro-mag renders with opengl as well. does anyone have any idea where the problem is? is it with the system, the opengl drivers, the games? i was none too happy after paying $130 for the upgrade that was lacking the up and then finding out that my games will not work.

edit: i'm on a 500mhz iMac with a 16meg Rage128

2. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Try booting up on the 10.2 cd and running disc check. Once your in there have it repair the disc and permissions. Then try 10.2 and tell me if there is any improvement.

3. FattyMembrane thread starter macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

alright, i ran disk utility and the disk was not corrupt in any way (i just reformatted it 2 days ago), but i had several permissions issues that were fixed. what causes these permissions issues to keep popping up? i fixed the permissions the day before i started this thread and already they are messing up? is this something that can be fixed in an update, or am i going to have to repair my permissions every time i restart the computer?

...anyway, cro-mag runs fine now and i'm assuming that the problems with my othe games are fixed too, i'm just a little concerned with this permissions issue.

4. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

I believe the permissions issue will be resolved when 10.2.1 is released here in the next couple weeks.

Glad I could help.

5. FattyMembrane thread starter macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

thanks for the help macbandit. i certainly hope that 10.2.1 fixes these issues, i lost my internet connection today because the permissions became "corrupted". i'm hoping that i'll soon be able to put my install disk back in the box, rather than just leaving it in the computer