OS X Games for 10.7

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by robinpow, Feb 10, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

I put it off for as long as I could, but moved over to Lion (and a new MacBook Pro). Now I've lost all of my games (non working)!!! Of all of them only one is offering an upgrade.

Need suggestions to where I can find some games that will work with my new computer & OS. Many of the sites I've been on will say something like 10.4 and above, but lot of them don't work with Lion.

Not looking for the hot high speed games, more of the granny games. I enjoy the matching type and card. MacJoy offered a lot I liked, but they appear to have gone bye-bye.

I use the games for mini breaks when I need to give the brain a rest from the 'real' work. If I'm just wanting to play my iPad does the trick.

2. macrumors 603

Mac App Store and Steam both have a fair amount of casual games. What games did you have before?

3. macrumors 6502a

(Metamorphosing near) Staffs, 51st State.
    It's a bummer! Since buying a new Mac with Lion, I too have loads of classic Mac games that are useless to me (AoE 2, Rise of Nations, etc.).

However, for more recent Mac titles, check for updates from the developers or current publishers. For eg. Lion also bust AoE 3 & both expansions. Thankfully, Destineer provided updates that fixed it:

www.destineergames.com/support/?page_id=88