games for 3 - 5 year olds

Discussion in 'Games' started by Hungarianguy, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Hungarianguy macrumors member

Does anyone know any good games for 3 - 5 year olds. Preferably some games that do not make me put in the installation cd all the time.

Thanks,
    dan

2. stutz macrumors member

Wow. 3 years old? Almost all the games that come out are for at least 7-8 year olds, and I'm not talking about violent content reasons either. Playing a game on a computer keyboard is complicated for such tiny hands. Almost no games are marketed to this demographic that doesn't fall into educational software, but.....

My recommendations would be to check out Shrek 2, the Harry Potter series of games, Bugdom 1 & 2. All are available at www.macgamestore.com. You may also consider Pangea's games at www.pangeasoft.net/index2.html with Cro-Mag Rally. Even these games might be a little too much though despite their Jr. themes. There are demos for most of these at www.macgamefiles.com. Heck, demos might be all you need for a little kid (they're free provided you've got the bandwidth to download them AND they require NO CD KEYs)

You may also consider an USB controller to plug in. A large keyboard can be confusing for really little ones, not to mention their tendency to pound on them and spill stuff in the keys (it could lengthen the life of your keyboard).

Stutz