Games for integrated graphics or not

Discussion in 'Games' started by Gosh, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Gosh macrumors 6502

Hi All,

Is there a list of popular games that are in reality either ok, weak or definite no no, with intel integrated graphics such as MacBook - and maybe conversly those that are best played with seperate graphics card such as on iMac.

Might make a good sticky?

I've only just switched to Mac and not tried any games yet on my iMac but X-planes looks fun.

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

3. Gosh thread starter macrumors 6502

Let's do it for Macs only ;)

Useful though!

There's alot of new people coming to Mac (some 50% of new buyers are new to Mac) and at the same time there's this movement to LapTops, and on top of that the MacBook and Mac mini (both of which have integrated graphics) attract a younger, game playing market. So alot of people moving from PC's generally with graphics cards.

A Mac Game guide with clear specification advise would avoid disappointment, I'll just nip below and suggest 'marks out of 10' for game performance for a given spec.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Even simpler then. Download aspyr's game advisor and it will tell you exactly what mac games will run.

Other releases, check www.insidemacgames.com

Remember anything that isn't Universal will usually run like poo - like Rollercoaster Tycoon 3. :)

Best thing if your not sure, download a demo/trial :)

5. Gosh thread starter macrumors 6502