Games for little kids?

Discussion in 'Games' started by plinden, Apr 26, 2006.

1. plinden macrumors 68040

Apr 8, 2004
    My 3yr old (almost four) daughter is getting very interested when she sees me playing ... I mean working ... on my iMac. Does anyone know of any games for kids 3-6, that work on Intel-powered Macs?

I've heard of Dora (one of her favourite characters) games that don't work well in OS X, so I'm looking for what I know will work on my iMac. I don't want to get her excited only to disappoint her.

If I'm really stuck, I could go for simple PC games that don't need 3D acceleration and run them in Parallels.

She likes Disney's Toontown, although she doesn't play it herself. She sits on my knee and hits keys at random, thinking she's blowing up the Cogs herself, while I'm the one doing all the work. Unfortunately, it doesn't work in Parallels and I don't have my PC laptop home with me every day.

Any ideas?
  2. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Apr 11, 2004
    My favorite game of all time Gizmos and Gadgets.
  3. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2005
  4. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    what was I playing at 3...

I had this maths and english game on my Amiga. They made loads of sequels and had a really daft name. you were some kind of explorer jetting around the world solving these puzzles. a lot of fun!
    Super Mario Bros (NES), A tug of war game (had to spell words right to 'tug'. AMIGA), Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers (NES). umm.
  5. zelmo macrumors 603

Jul 3, 2004
    Mac since 7.5
    Sesame Street and Noggin have some cool little games for kids online. I set my son up with his own profile and locked him down to a couple of kid-friendly web sites. He loves to play those games over and over.
  6. Phat Elvis macrumors 6502

Dec 26, 2005
    Phila, PA
    Go to and click on her favorite shows. Everything is free.

My son loves the Dragon Tales, Jay Jay, and Thomas websites. There are lots of different activities. He is 3 and has a great time.

The Dora website isn't that great, lots of teasers.