games on mac

Discussion in 'Games' started by akira117, Dec 8, 2004.

1. akira117 macrumors member

Dec 7, 2004
    I am a n00b to mac, and I plan on getting a power book in the next year or so
    and I was wondering do the new games on mac look and work fine.
    any problem you have had with the games that have come out.

mac = :cool:
  2. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Apr 13, 2004
    New York
    Most games run really well on my 1.5 PB. I do have the 128 video card. I don't have any problems with lag and stuff, even with bigger games like Black Hawk Down. But i wouldn't get a mac just to game with, keep that in mind because there are next to no games for it compared to PC or other gaming systems.
  3. akira117 thread starter macrumors member

Dec 7, 2004
    I am satisfied with the selection of games that have come out on the mac.
    I use my xbox for gaming mostly. :)
    I still would like to play some.
  4. benpatient macrumors 68000

Nov 4, 2003
    get the mac, as long as it isn't being bought "to play games" because that would be ill-advised.

Let me put it this way: You can play games on a cell phone. People dont' buy cell phones to play games (except those weirdos who bought an ngage), they buy cell phones to make cell phone calls. Same thing with Macs. Yes, they can play games (and do it better than a cell phone), but it isn't a priority for either the game developers (aside from the porting companies) or for the manufacturer (apple) to make good games. The people who really need to care just really don't.

which is too bad.
  5. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

May 18, 2003
    Wow, that cellphone analogy is probably the best I've heard yet. That really is how it is. Hmmm... on that note, I can play Splinter Cell on my cellphone and mac, and wouldn't recommend either :)
  6. akira117 thread starter macrumors member

Dec 7, 2004
    I'm not buying it to play games.I want to get know unix.I love how linux workes,but I have found that the linux people do not update it often enough for linux to be useful.the total lack of programs. Sure the are all free ,but they are mostly just knock offs of other programs Also I hate m$.
    I just wanted to know that the games that have come out on mac work fine.
    so when I do get it, i know I have that option if I do so desire.

ps. what do you use your mac for?

7. applekid macrumors 68020

Jul 3, 2003
    A PowerBook's graphics card will most likely be able to play whatever games are available then more or less.

My Mac does everything for me. I mean, really, I use it to do everything imaginable. My schoolwork, surfing the internet, listening to music, editing movies and photos, playing games, checking my e-mail, programming, doing graphics, etc. The list goes on forever. There really isn't anything it can't do.
  8. WhiteSavage macrumors regular

Oct 4, 2004
    I enjoy messing around with my Mac, playing games (Call of Duty and Unreal Tournament 2004 [I never have problems playing them]), and I do homework on the side. I like the way Mac works, and enjoy Quality in what I use. I aint getting a Windows player box ever again.