Games on Virtual PC mainly Counter Strike

Discussion in 'Games' started by Koree, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Koree macrumors 6502

Hi,

Just wondering, im getting a PB 15, 1.5, 128 meg graphics, and a gig of ram. Will it run Counter Strike well? If so what settings should i have on the virtual PC, and what patch and OS should i have installed on it?

Thanks in Advance

2. brap macrumors 68000

I very much doubt it'll run Counter strike at all.

Even though the game can be run in full software mode (no 3d hardware is required), VPC is incredibly slow. Well, too slow for this; decent enough to get work done, but if you want to run PC games, you should get a PC.

3. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

Too true. Virtual PC is not for playing games...

However, the next version of virtual PC has been rumored to take full advantage of your video hardware, making PC games available on your mac.

4. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

VirtualPC currently lacks 3d hardware acceleration, and thusly playing any 3d game on it is a virtual impossibility.. or in some cases a genuine impossibility

5. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

On a side note, what the crap makes Counterstrike so great? I played it at a friends house for 15 minutes or so, and I didn't really see what set it apart from the 100 other First Person Shooters out there. Why do people always want C-S so bad?

6. brap macrumors 68000

The half-life engine has a full software mode - I've run it on a real 1MB S3 Trio32/64 - the exact same card VPC emulates. It's just CPU horsepower it would require.
    My sentiments exactly. Actually, no, I proper hate the game. It's full of elite morons, if you're a newbie at the game you don't stand a chance.

BF1942, now there's a game you can get into... :D

7. jknight8907 macrumors 6502a

jknight8907

No. It probably won't even load up. VPC is kinda slow for standard apps, let alone hi-graphics games.

8. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I was in the same position as you: wanting to get rid of my dell, but sill play CS.

My solution: The XBOX. It has counter-strike, and is online capable. The keyboard and mouse aren't available, only the controller. The contoller isn't as accurate, but it gets the job done, and it gives me my CS fix.

9. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Well, my friends play Counter-Strike, and I want to kill my friends ;), so I kill them in Counter-Strike. It's quite amusing. Of course, now that I just started the xbox version, I am getting fragged to no end. Gotta get better....

10. Koree thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks Guys

Thank you for all the feed back etc. And i am looking into trying Battle Field.

11. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Last news I read on a German website was that they tested a beta version of VPC7 and it was terribly slow. So slow that thinking about gaming is already impossible.

Let's hope it's just the beta that's so bad.