Games?

Discussion in 'Games' started by blanx05, Jul 31, 2006.

1. blanx05 macrumors newbie

What games that at are MMORPG's can i play on my mac and i know that you can split it with boot xp to put windows on it but i just wont to know what games mac can get?

2. slackersonly macrumors 6502a

slackersonly

1. search the games forum. it is full of what is available and should give you a good idea of what will run on specific machines.
    2. search amazon.
    3. WoW.

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

World of Warcraft for one, look on www.apple.com/games or [guide]Universal Binary Games[/guide] for more info

4. Battenberg macrumors newbie

I play a MMOG called World War II Online: Battleground Europe

It is a 100% PvP so there is no Bots or NPC to fight against. Only other players. However, it is more of an WWII simulator then a game. The learning curve is rather step. It is nothing like Battlefield 1942 or Call of Duty.

This means that most kids don't fancy this game much. It is too realistic why most of the community is mature. Average age is +30, and I know several players that has passed their 60s.

The game world is western Europe in scale 1:2 on one single continuous map. So the game world is huge holding nearly 500 villages, towns and major cities.

WWIIOL is both a tactical and a strategical game. If you decide to join one of the two High Commands (Allied High Command or Oberkommando der Wehrmacht) will you be part of a virtual military organisation (lots of RPG there) taking strategical decision; when and to where to move brigades and divisions (from where we spawn in) along the frontline.

Tactics is used in and around each target we fight over. The game mechanisms is driving the players to the same targets. So there is often several hundred players involved in attacking and defensing a town at the same time. Battles that always involves infantry, tanks, artillery and aircrafts in the form of fighters, and tactical and strategical bombers. When possible can also Destroyers, Cargo ships and minor coastal defense boats be involved too.

But as I said above, this game is not for everyone.