Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

groovdudeyo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
can age of empirees 3 run well using the basic macbook and os x? also will the new models cost more? and whats a glass trackpad

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
IDK how well the game will run but remember that the Macbook has no dedicated graphics card. Keep that in mind. New models usually stay at the same price points as the current ones. Apple rarely changes on it's prices. A glass trackpad seems to be exactly that, a trackpad made out of glass. :eek: I guess no one knows until they release it do they?

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
whats that mean? i thought it just didnt have dedicated ram for graphics

It has Intel integrated graphics which is not a "real" graphics card like the Nvidia 8600m GT or something like that. Basically it means that it's ability to run graphic intensive games is compromised. However I do not own one so i do not know exactly what level of games they are capable of.

groovdudeyo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
okay so will the game run well? also will it be hard to get a macbook right when they come out?

Winter Charm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2008
okay so will the game run well? also will it be hard to get a macbook right when they come out?

the game will run fine - it does well on my integrated graphics chip - its an old 82852/82855 graphics controller that uses 64MB -- and the macbook, in MAC OSX uses 144MB of RAM for graphics - and in Windows Vista - it uses 358MB Of Ram for graphics (and yes, that's why games seem to run better in Vista on a macbook than they do on OSX)

which answers a lot of your questions -- about how hard a macbook is to get when they are first released, i have no idea.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.